ESOP Compliance Review Manager
in Walnut Creek CA / AL / AZ / FL / IA / IL / MN / NC / NY / OH / TX / VA / WI / Telecommute
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their
employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
To provide client support with
all aspects of engagement to include review of administration, related testing, government forms preparation and consulting for highly complex ESOP Clients. May also provide technical training.
Requirements for this role include:
allocations and testing related to ESOP book of business.
- Client relationship manager on book of business.
- Review legal plan document and provide guidance to plan sponsors.
- Coordinate plan distribution process including schedules,
forms and summarization of distribution directives.
- Coordinates year end processing issues, plan financials and share release calculations as well as assistance with client calls/communications.
- Leads process improvement projects
deemed necessary after annual review of internal procedures, incorporating any upcoming tax law updates
- Consult on, recommend and implement resolutions to client issues, satisfaction, response and any other items necessary to assure customer
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of legislative changes, IRS rulings, and expert opinions related to the processing of retirement plans.
- Research new issues to determine their impact on plan qualification
- Assist in training of new processes
The Manager, ESOP will:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related filed or combination of education and industry experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years
of ESOP experience in third party administration environment including experience in preparing, reviewing and explaining qualified plan compliance testing and government forms filing
- Advanced level of Excel
- Proven ability to utilize
technical skills and available tools to solve compliance issues.
- Advanced knowledge of retirement plan tax lawn (ERISA) including Revenue Code sections 401, 401(a)(4), 416, 414(b), (c), (m), (n), 401(a)(28), 409(n), 409(p) as well as
- Should also have a very strong mathmatical apptitude, specifically detailed financial reconciliation and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned
upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 366 times.
It expires on 12/3/2018.