Health and Welfare Benefits Attorney
in Boston MA
In-house attorney providing counsel to multiple clients who are operating businesses and developing new products and services in a
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Education: JD
- Experience: Minimum 10-12 years of practice with a Health & Welfare focus
- Specific areas of concentration: ERISA; COBRA;
HIPAA; HSAs; Section 125; ACA. Experience with health related apps and tools, Medicare, and/or employment law would be helpful for the position.
The Purpose of Your Role
As part of the Legal Department, you will provide
support to businesses within the Fidelity organization that offer Health & Welfare related products and services, including, but definitely not limited to, benefits recordkeeping, benefits consulting, and HSAs. You will interact with various
senior business leaders and groups within the businesses, such as product development, back office/operations, phone support, communications and education, client service (for the businesses’ external clients), and Compliance and Risk
The Skills You Bring
- You should bring to this position a strong orientation to customer service (for internal clients) with an emphasis on responsiveness to client inquiries. This includes quick turnaround
for the review and analysis of new legislation, regulations, and other guidance.
- You should have the ability to respond to questions and explain situations in layman’s terms appropriate for non-legal department business
- You should have strong presentation skills for training internal business associates in the areas you would support (primarily H&W, HSAs).
- You should be a capable legal researcher who possesses sound analytical skills and a
creative mind that will be applied to problem-solving.
The Value You Deliver
- Responding to ad hoc questions from all business associates in the areas you support; responses must be timely so as to not delay deadlines
or responses to external clients
- Attending team meetings to help ensure that you understand the business needs and the business understands the applicable legal requirements
- Assisting with implementation of new clients and/or new product
offerings, including service offering changes based on legislative and regulatory changes
- Reviewing internal and external materials for accuracy and appropriateness; these include client presentations; online newsletters; internal systems content,
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Legal Department supports the businesses of Fidelity Investments by:
- Structuring creative solutions to business and legal issues while
focusing on the timeliness and practicality of our solutions.
- Anticipating and influencing changes and trends in the law and business environment.
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Providing advice that enables Fidelity to
continually comply with the law and maintain its reputation.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://jobs.fidelity.com/ShowJob/Id/354211/Health-and-Welfare-Benefits-Attorney/
This ad has been viewed 597 times.
It expires on 12/2/2018.