Senior Consultant, Compliance - Retirement
The Segal Group
in Chicago IL / Cleveland OH / Troy MI / Minneapolis MN / Washington DC
We are currently seeking a Senior “Consultant” to join our Midwest Compliance practice. (work location is open to a Midwest office - Chicago,
Cleveland, Detroit or Minneapolis - or our D.C. office)
The Consultant will provide consultative and technical support on Compliance issues for both pension and health-related client issues. S/He will have
the opportunity to work across a broad spectrum of clients in the multiemployer market as well as public sector and corporate markets in the Midwest Region. The Consultant will interact with the clients’ attorneys, Fund Office professionals, clients,
and Segal staff including our National Compliance practice, while producing a full array of high quality deliverables.
The Consultant’s key responsibilities include but may not be limited
- Monitoring the legal and regulatory environment affecting retirement income programs as well as health care programs in collaboration with our National Compliance team,
- Acting as an expert resource for consultants and external
clients on the many and varied questions that arise with regard to retirement and healthcare issues,
- Drafting and reviewing compliance related information for participant explanatory material such as summary plan descriptions, announcement letters,
summary of material modifications, summary of benefits and coverage documents, etc.,
- Drafting and reviewing plan documents, amendments, forms (such as COBRA forms and benefit enrollment forms), required state and federal compliance notices and
operational procedures for compliance,
- Applying in-depth understanding of major employee benefits laws and related laws to client situations, inquiries and document preparation,
- Participating in marketing and business-development
- Attending client meetings to make technical compliance-related presentations and participating in external speaking events (i.e. new developments in legislation and regulation or other technical compliance
- J.D. from an accredited law school,
- Minimum of 10 years of related compliance experience in employee benefits with a strong background in pension/retirement benefits, preferably in
a consulting capacity,
- Expertise in ERISA and related legislation and regulations,
- Ability to perform research quickly and effectively, involving federal and state legal issues,
- Familiarity with multiemployer plans (union
environment) and governmental plans,
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to include technical drafting, strong attention to detail, ability to analyze and distill complex data/concepts and develop clear, concise explanations
for a non-technical audience,
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate with and positively influence others, and
- Strong management skills.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of
each person, valuing their differences including, but not limited to, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, generations, cultures, military status, well-being and flexibility. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment at Segal is
critical to our success, as it allows us to attract and retain the best talent and to enable that talent to be successful in achieving his/her professional and personal goals. For Segal a diverse and inclusive workplace is a win/win, as it provides us the
ability to leverage our top talent allowing us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We welcome you to voluntarily self-identify (i.e., Ethnicity, Disabled, Veteran status): http://www.segalgroup.net/careers/applicant-voluntary-self-id-forms/#all
Job Offer Disclaimer:
Be alert to scams involving offers of a job
using our Company name. Please know that Segal does not extend an offer of employment unless you have interviewed in-person, at one of our offices, with authorized, current employees of the company and deemed qualified for the position. Further, offers of
employment are extended only by an authorized, current Segal employee whom you will already know resulting from the interview process. Contact the Segal HR Representative responsible for this position if you have questions.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://segalco.taleo.net/careersection/segalextwqm1011/jobdetail.ftl?job=MID0000001U&tz=GMT-04%3A00
This ad has been viewed 607 times.
It expires on 11/30/2018.