Corporate Benefits Administrator
in New York NY
The Benefits Administrator assists with the day-to-day operations of Bertelsmann’s benefits programs including the self-insured
medical / prescription drug, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits, and retirement plans. This person is primarily responsible for processing invoices
and allocating the costs amongst the various Bertelsmann operating companies. Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Corporate Benefits, the Benefits Administrator will also act as a liaison between the business, vendors, and consultants and provide
additional assistance on key projects.
The Benefits Administrator is part of the Corporate Benefits Department, which has the responsibility of developing, negotiating, and customizing all health, welfare, and retirement plans for each of the
subsidiary Companies within the United States, including Penguin Random House, BMG, FremantleMedia, arvato, Bertelsmann Printing Group, Relias, Alliant International University, and other groups, including any new acquisitions.
- Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators on billing and invoice issues
- Allocates benefits costs and reconciles internal company billing quarterly
- Prepares for meetings as
necessary, including scheduling of conference rooms, coordinating food, and logistics
- Facilitates the transfer of reports and information to our contacts at each subsidiary, vendors and consultants
- Documents and maintains administrative
procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Creates mail merges and edits letters, memos, meeting minutes, and other documents
- Performs research using internal and external resources
- Receives, retains, and maintains incoming
documents in hard copy and electronic files as needed, following all compliance guidelines
- Assist with ad hoc projects under supervision of members of the Benefits Department
- Provides customer service support to internal and external
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT
- 1-3 years of work experience in Human Resources, Benefits, Compensation, or Finance required; Employee
benefits, brokerage or consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience required; CEBS certification preferred
- Must be flexible; have the ability to work independently or as a team player in a fast paced and
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and have excellent judgment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation with focus
on high quality service to internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Please apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 548 times.
It expires on 11/25/2018.