Plan Compliance Associate
in Houston TX
The Institutional Wealth Senior Plan Compliance Associate will perform the duties and responsibilities for this
position for clients and projects of medium complexity and technical difficulty. The senior associate will assist with the quality reviews of work performed by other group members and will assist with staff training. The senior associate will also develop
working relationships with appropriate client personnel with a goal of becoming the primary contact for daily, routine issues. This position reports to the Manager, Plan Compliance Services and is primarily responsible for providing technical and
analytical services to ensure pension and profit sharing information is in compliance with plan documents and government regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates information from clients
to perform ADP / ACP test, sets up spreadsheets to do calculations for tests; calculate refunds to pass the tests; calculates allocable income and coordinates the refund checks; communicates test results to clients; reviews contributions and calculates
forfeitures and true-ups for clients who have miscalculated contributions; processes refunds by IRS deadline to avoid excise tax to client.
- Performs quality control review of work performed by others, as needed. Provides constructive and timely
feedback with regard to findings.
- Prepares and files high volume of annual 5500 report within IRS deadline; provides reconciliation of trust statement and other financial data; works closely with client to resolve 5500 questions and works closely
with auditor to obtain audit for filing with 5500 report; files form 5558 for extension if necessary; responds to IRS 5500 inquiries; completes Summary Annual Report (SAR); prepares annual top heavy test, identifies key and non-key employees and calculates
necessary top heavy contribution.
- Responds to relationship manager, analyst, client and participant inquiries regarding ERISA compliance issues; provides problem resolution for routine/complex client and participant retirement plan questions.
Prepares and files proper documentation of resolution. Participates in client meetings as needed.
- Performs initial research on ERISA compliance issues prior to discussion with Plan Administration supervisor or manager. Properly documents issue(s)
- Is proactive in identifying alternative solutions to all testing and compliance issues. Communicates alternatives to relationship manager and client on a timely basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles in order to reconcile and balance accounts
- In depth knowledge of ERISA and other employee benefit laws and regulations pertaining to 401(k) and pension plans
math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to determine vesting percentages and program formulas for spreadsheets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with clients
analytical skills to read and interpret government laws, regulations, plan and trust instruments
- Excellent ability to organize work priorities in order to meet changing demands and deadlines
This level of knowledge is normally acquired
through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and 3-4 years experience in Trust Retirement Plan administration or 9-10 years of related experience in pension and/or profit sharing plan
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and
partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a
top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has
successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not
accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its
Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any
fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact
with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the
third party and BOK Financial.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume' and contact information to Keith.Moore@bokf.com for more information.
This ad has been viewed 575 times.
It expires on 11/24/2018.