COBRA Account Administrator
in Minneapolis MN
This position is responsible for administering COBRA / Eligibility services to participants and brokers. This person will exhibit great customer service skills, with strong
attention to detail. This person will be responsible to learn and understand COBRA / Eligibility and will field participant and broker calls and emails, working in a fast paced environment.
Job Function Number
1: Client / Broker Service - 85%
- Field participant calls and emails, responding to inquiries regarding letters, premium payments, discontinuation of benefits, dependent and coverage
- Provide technical support to participants, including use of the COBRA software for processing premium payments.
- Process daily employer files with employee changes, accurately processing information which results in Qualifying Event
- Assisting with daily departmental work volume
- Assist with monthly files and month end reports
- Manage online eligibility which includes enrollments, terminations and all changes
Number 2: Annual Rate Updates- 10%
- Assist the COBRA team members in the annual rate updating process, ensuring that, all rates, which are timely received from the brokers and customers, are updated
to the COBRA software. This is an intensive 3 month process
Job Function Number 3: Alerus / Department Support and Teamwork – 5%
- Participate in meetings for the
company, department and administration unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate
- Three years of customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; at least one year prior experience in COBRA
Administration or related area preferred.
- Familiarity with multiple HRIS systems is preferred.
- Willingness to obtain COBRA Certificate as soon as prerequisites are met
- Ability to accurately and timely perform data
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage daily work load to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability
to work with detailed technical knowledge of COBRA regulations.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time
using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials
which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please use this direct link.
forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 523 times.
It expires on 11/24/2018.