Client Service Center Associate
in Arden Hills MN
This position is responsible for taking a wide range of incoming calls from both retirement plan participants and plan sponsors. Client Service Center
Associates troubleshoot and address issues, provide support, and offer information as needed to correctly and efficiently respond to caller inquiries.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Service – 70%
- Answer telephone and email
inquiries from retirement participants promptly and courteously. Show respect and patience to all participants. Respond to telephone requests within 2-3 hours. Calls will cover a wide range of topics, including plan specific provisions, IRS and DOL
regulations surrounding retirement plans, contributions, distributions, vesting, fund transfers, reallocations, investment election changes, and more.
- Provide professional, accurate and clear communication.
- Understand and clearly
communicate inquiry and transactional use of the Alerus website and voice response system.
- Understand and communicate basic provisions of plan documents, adoption agreements and loan policies to clients and participants.
- Handle exchange of
information, technical questions, and client concerns confidently and independently.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify manager if standards will not be met.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: ARB processing functions –
- Fund to Fund transfers including investment elections.
- Accurately and timely entering in current business enrollment forms.
- Beneficiary entry.
- Deferral rate entry.
- Stop pay/reissue requests.
- Monitor and answer Call Center and email questions and respond to both within 2-3 hours.
- Monitor calls for potential IRA referrals.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Resource & Financial Management -
- Meet the company’s annual client retention rate goal.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner.
- Use company resources appropriately to maintain expenses
- Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity, reduce system usage and staff overtime.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 4: Technical and Professional Development – 5%
- Attend and participate in
department training programs and meetings.
- Complete training in a timely manner.
- Develop proficiency on systems including OmniPlus, Admin Access, Microsoft Word and Excel in order to accurately and efficiently complete daily
- Identify personal training needs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures.
- Increase personal knowledge and expertise in plan regulation and administration. Pursue a program of continuing education
through course work, meetings and reading to maintain and enhance professional skills.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 5: Department Support and Teamwork - 5%
- Complete projects at direction of manager.
- Foster a positive work
environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with 3 years business experience in employee benefits, customer service, or
- 1+ years of experience directly related to retirement plans preferred.
- Excellent written/oral communication and organization skills required.
- Ability to prioritize, be self-motivated, and independently manage
multiple concurrent tasks and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and meet other business needs.
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing
- A high level of commitment to accuracy and detail; strong analytical skills.
- Superior Listening skills
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Friendly, patient and calm under pressure
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both
actual papers or electronic.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Periodically, may also do
light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 10 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ALE1000ALFN/JobBoard/8c322eba-32b7-4c85-b4d2-e5a6c6cffb87/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b4e11b39-66c3-4e3f-b098-d7b4a0e6508d
look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 594 times.
It expires on 11/20/2018.