Defined Contribution Consultant
in Atlanta GA / Norwalk CT / Wayne PA / Saint Louis MO / Somerset NJ / Winston Salem NC
Aon is looking for a Defined Contribution Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering
innovative and effective solutions supporting our Defined Contribution Consulting Practice. This position can be located in one of the following offices: Atlanta, Norwalk, St. Louis, Winston-Salem, Radnor, or Somerset, NJ.
Contribution Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform vendor searches: RFP preparation, distribution, analysis, reporting.
- Perform vendor fee and expense analyses.
- Assist clients in managing their
- Coordinate fiduciary oversight processes, checklists and documentation with clients.
- Handle data analysis, spread-sheeting and PowerPoint report preparation.
- Research plan design trends and calculate financial impact of
- Coordinate vendor implementations/conversions.
- Manage client projects and services independently, coordinate with project teams, and proactively communicate with lead consultant on fulfillment of
- Initiate proactive client interaction, servicing and problem-solving by providing research and technical support to clients.
- Provide proactive and creative support to clients. Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through
with clients, firm employees, and other service providers to clients.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of all client-related work.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of defined contribution plan administration and compliance requirements, and the
ability to apply this knowledge to client work.
- Efficiently manage time and internal resources to allow for effective handling of multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Provide support that contributes to the success of
assigned client teams.
- Participate in and contribute to the success of marketing activities. Provide support in the preparation of proposals and RFP responses and new business presentations.
The successful candidate will possess the
following credentials and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. CEBS, ASPPA or other retirement certification programs and/or coursework is a plus.
- 3-10 years of experience in defined contribution consulting
including experience with a variety of DC plans including 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.
- A strong understanding of defined contribution administration requirements according to IRS and ERISA.
- An understanding of the 401(k)-recordkeeping
marketplace and experience with recordkeeper selection and management, fee analysis, and fiduciary support. Prior recordkeeping experience also a plus.
- Strong analytical and consultative inquiry skills.
- Strong PC experience, particularly
the Microsoft suite of business applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Team player who can work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work independently on a
variety of projects, receive instructions from a number of people and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the
best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and
health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that,
should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the
position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring
process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply to our career site for immediate consideration using this link:
This ad has been viewed 872 times.
It expires on 11/19/2018.