Senior Legal Counsel - Trust Company
T. Rowe Price
in Owings Mills MD
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position reports to the Senior Legal Counsel in charge of handling legal
matters for T. Rowe Price Trust Company, particularly as to its collective investment trust business. This position will be part of a team of attorneys responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to the Trust Company and its affiliates
relating to the collective investment trusts sponsored by the Trust Company, including drafting documents, negotiating contracts, assisting or leading the Trust Company’s responses to regulatory examinations and inquiries, preparing and presenting
materials for meetings of the Trust Company’s Board of Directors, and providing general legal support to internal business units in connection with the operation of the collective investment trusts. The position requires in-depth knowledge of
the various legal and regulatory regimes governing collective investment trusts, including applicable securities and tax laws, banking laws, and laws and regulations concerning retirement plans (e.g., ERISA).
- Responsible for providing legal advice to internal business units around the creation, operation and administration of the Trust Company’s collective investment trusts. For example, the Incumbent will
(i) draft and maintain governing documents for collective investment trusts, such as declarations of trust, investment guidelines, and offering circulars, (ii) determine client eligibility to invest in a collective investment trusts according to
the requirements of IRS Revenue Ruling 81-100 and the exemptions covering collective investment trusts offered to retirement plans under the Securities Act of 1933, the Exchange Act of 1934, and the Investment Company Act of 1940, (iii) provide
advice regarding operations and compliance matters, such as annual financial reporting, filing of Form 5500 for collective investment trusts, certification of participation compliance under DOL regulations, and ERISA 408(b)(2) disclosure requirements, and
(iv) provide guidance and/or interpretation regarding relevant agreements such as participation agreements or trading agreements.
- Responsible for negotiating participation agreements with clients and trading agreements with clients’
intermediaries (e.g., recordkeepers and custodians) to facilitate a client’s investment in the collective investment trusts.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting materials in connection with meetings of the Board of Directors of the Trust
Company and its Committees.
- Assisting or leading the Trust Company’s responses to regulatory examinations and inquiries.
- Provides assistance with special
- Law Degree from accredited school of law.
- Active member in good standing of the bar of a United States state or
- 8+ years of related work experience is required; 12+ years is preferred.
- Must have in-depth specialized knowledge of the legal matters impacting and governing collective investment
- Strong writing, verbal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Advanced intellectual, professional, and
interpersonal agility and flexibility.
- Ability to manage successfully and prioritize effectively multiple complex matters in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of
internal and external contacts.
- Ability to balance the needs of individual business units with a broader understanding of the objectives of the firm as a whole.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 801 times.
It expires on 11/17/2018.