Retirement Plan Administrator
in Portland OR
Hello Future Retirement Plan Administrator,
In 2006, Independent
Retirement (Inde) set out to establish ourselves as the most reliable, accurate, complete, accessible and comprehensive third party administrator in the Pacific Northwest. We cannot achieve that goal without creating a place that fosters greatness. A place
where incredibly talented individuals are empowered to do their best work each day with very little in their way.
Therefore, we promote a culture of talent, freedom, responsibility, and integrity; and curate an environment that fosters a rich
entrepreneurial spirit, encourages creativity and innovation, and ultimately produces the best possible solutions for our clients. We hold dearly the idea that such outcomes are achieved best by small talented teams collaborating together, and empowering
them to make their own best judgments.
We are looking for a Retirement Plan Administrator (Level I) to join our team of retirement plan
administrators and consultants. Our ideal candidate for this role is someone looking for an entry level position, eager to start a professional career, has an interest in developing a highly technical and specialized skillset, likes numbers and puzzles,
and isn’t afraid to take on challenges.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- You are a lifelong learner
- You are teachable
- You are hardworking and results oriented
- You have
- You are collaborative
- You are honest
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide internal support on core aspects of defined contribution (DC) plan
administration including collecting year-end information, data processing, and asset reconciliation/trust accounting
- Provide support with administrative duties including answering calls to our Care Team, collecting mail, scanning work files, and,
creating client reports
- Facilitate retirement plan participant transactions including participant plan loans and distributions; prepare paperwork and communicate with clients, partners, and participants to provide exceptional customer service
throughout the participant transaction process; develop and maintain working knowledge of recordkeeping platforms’ workflows, policies and procedures, and technology systems in order to maintain efficient and accurate processing of participant
- Develop and maintain professional and technical knowledge by taking self-study exams, attending educational workshops and industry seminars, reviewing professional publications, and building a professional network
ad-hoc projects as assigned
Requirements for the role:
- Experience as a retirement plan administrator or in support role for a TPA, recordkeeper, financial advisor, or employee benefits related company is preferred,
- Customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, team environment
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize
among multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and perform work with a keen attention to detail
- Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat; as
well as, a willingness and ability to learn other technology platforms quickly
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Commitment to the profession
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation for this
role includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience in addition to quarterly performance-based bonuses. Benefits include subsidized health, dental and vision insurance; short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with safe harbor basic match
and discretionary profit sharing; 3 weeks of paid time off; time for charitable causes, reimbursement for continuing education and professional memberships, and flexible working schedules.
We can only consider local
candidates for this specific role. Part-time telecommute can be accommodated.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to Eric Burnside by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Application
for Retirement Plan Administrator".
This ad has been viewed 826 times.
It expires on 11/15/2018.