Retirement Account Administrator, Sr.
in Albert Lea MN / Arden Hills MN / Minneapolis MN / East Lansing MI / Troy MI / NH
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and
leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans consisting of more complex plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may
include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP). Is regarded as a technical expert and is a resource to the department for research and resolution of complex issues and regulatory changes.
Job Function Number
1: Client Service – 40%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working
relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients
- Involve Manager/Supervisor as needed to resolve technical, service, and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and
work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve any service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to
internal and external inquiries.
Job Function Number 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting- 40%
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or
Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
the necessary skills to administer a percentage of more complex defined contribution plans.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and
completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests.
- Instruct and provide guidance to co-workers on a variety of compliance issues and
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new
and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARS, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced
procedures or policies.
- Work independently and request that the Manager/Supervisor review work as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced account administrators.
- Assist in problem resolution as well as developing
technical skills of others.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities on a consistent basis.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote
communication within the service team through direct communication, Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent
conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- 4+ years
experience in complex defined contribution plan administration such as professional employer organization plans, multiple employer plans, non-qualified plans, cross testing allocations and other unique plan designs.
- Successful completion of
ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals (RPF) or equivalent.
- Possess or working towards attaining ASPPA’s QKA certification or equivalent.
- Excellent written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Work independently and set priorities.
- Interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak
work loads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities as part of a team.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as
diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others
and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of all types of retirement
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for
approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply online.
This ad has been viewed 738 times.
It expires on 11/13/2018.