Pension Compliance Manager
in Charlotte NC
Responsible for managing a staff of Consultants and Assistants in the delivery of excellent client service to plan sponsors,
brokers/agents and financial partners in all aspects of retirement plan services. The Manager will lead the staff in maintaining service standards and an environment that promotes achievement and professional growth.
Essential Duties and
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in
harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational
- Motivate, lead and support team members to provide excellent customer service by ensuring that staff is properly trained to respond to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Participate in the hiring process by conducting interviews
and evaluating candidates.
- Responsible for providing team members with substantive, periodic feedback on performance, including the completion of performance planning, performance updates and the annual performance appraisal.
processes and procedures with other managers to provide consistent professional services across teams.
- Participates in the overall leadership and direction of Ascensus Consulting by actively participating in leadership meeting, all associate
meetings, project activity and annual planning process.
- Monitor associate productivity and metrics.
- Review work for accuracy and provide timely feedback.
- Plan and organize workflow in order to meet service
- Produce weekly/monthly production metrics reports.
- Develop staffing strategies for appropriate allocation of resources to meet business needs and client service commitments/objectives.
- Coordinate the successful training
and instruction of new associates.
- Develop staff on industry knowledge, general business skills set, and professional development.
- Develop workflow alternatives that will streamline the production process, including the identification of
opportunities for improvement, make recommendations for changes and help implement those changes.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required
specific certification (ASPPA, NIPA, etc.) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years supervisor/managerial industry experience
- 7-10 years overall industry experience
- Expert knowledge of all areas of Qualified Plan
- Extensive knowledge of IRS corrective procedures, deadlines and related penalties.
- Extensive knowledge of research methods for DOL, IRS and related regulations and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the current
laws and regulations governing Qualified Plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Polished Presentation Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Conflict Resolution Skills
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Superior Coaching and Mentoring
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Ability to travel, if needed
** We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent
retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work
every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship,
sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans.
Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/soq9O
This ad has been viewed 449 times.
It expires on 11/12/2018.