University of Maryland Medical System
in Linthicum Heights MD
Under general supervision by Manager / Director of Total Compensation or Director of Retirement Benefits, the Benefits Analyst
administers the employee health benefits and/or retirement programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Counsel and assist employees with questions, usually taking-on more moderately challenging / complex cases in the HR Connections case management
- Administers day-to-day operation of retirement benefit plans in accordance with plan documents & established procedures. Applies benefits starts, stops, adjustments within Lawson. Researches plan provisions per plan documents,
occasionally consulting legal counsel. Conducts Pension calculation data collection & processing. Responsible for processing death claims. Receives requests from participants, gathers pertinent data, assembles into prescribed format, coordinates
benefit calculation via actuarial vendor, communicates back to participant, coordinates payments via Trust Bank.
- Provides support to projects, and/or leads projects, dependent upon size & complexity (plan start-ups / shut-downs / migrations,
pension cashout projects
- Responsible for external audit preparations and support. Prepares employee/participant census data for auditors & actuaries. Prepares data / documentation requested by Auditors. Researches & Responds to Auditors
inquiries. Otherwise provides general support to annual / ongoing benefit plan auditing processes.
- Responsible for self-audits. Develops new audits, on an as-needed basis, to improve overall administration of the retirement benefits programs.
Analyzes audit results for causes and patterns. Liaises with Team, Manager, HRIS, IT as appropriate, working to resolve identified issues. Pulls, reconciles, validates fund transitions within plans, such as vendor's movement of money from 'old'
investment fund option into 'new' investment fund option.
- Ensures bi-weekly contribution funding processes are completed. Retrieves necessary data, reconciles to Payroll Deduction Registers, reconciles with records forwarded to vendor,
tally's-up total funding amounts, but also broken-down by type (Employee, Employer Match, Employer Fixed) as well as by Plan (401a, 401k, 403b, 457).
- Responsible for researching, retrieving, monitoring, and reconciliation & validation of
pertinent data. Data mining & manipulation. Re-calculates transactions for corrective projects, calculates or coordinates vendor's calculation of missed / make-up earnings. Monitors & coordinates on intra-system-hires
- Monitors &
Validates data / integrity on both inbound & outbound files to / from vendors to ensure accuracy of employee indicative data, plan enrollments, and changes. Performs and then validates success & accuracy of data uploads.
potential for process and/or reporting improvements. Vets with Team & Manager. Then proceeds with implementation & testing.
- Assists UMMC employees who have legacy coverage under Maryland State Retirement & Pension System in
preparing for their retirement and applying to the State for their benefits.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional Human
Resources experience or equivalent is required.
- Experience with benefits administration is preferred. CEBS certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, principles, practices, and procedures related to Human Resources
and Benefits administration and relevant state and federal regulations.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, specifically with ability to speak
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple deadlines and priorities required.
- Ability to apply laws such as the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act
(ERISA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Maryland Family and Medical Leave Act (MFMLA), the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the applicable Internal revenue Service (IRS) regulations and other related state
and federal regulations required to the development of policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and meet related deadlines
- Experience in the application of HR Information systems such as
Lawson, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc, is required
- Ability to use resourcefulness and analytical skills to research various documents and data to resolve inquiries and discrepancies and interpret data
We are an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Apply online: http://jobs.umms.org/ShowJob/Id/1774827/Benefits-Analyst-Linthicum
This ad has been viewed 483 times.
It expires on 11/10/2018.