Retirement Plan Transition Administrator
in Arden Hills MN / Grand Forks ND / West Fargo ND
The primary responsibilities of this position include coordinating and handling the setup of new plans and investing transfer
assets. More specifically, this position ensures that timelines are outlined with clients and communicated effectively, plans are setup accurately on all systems, special administrative needs are identified and outlined, and plans are successfully
transitioned to the permanent servicing teams.
Job Function Number 1: New Business Plan Setup & Coordination – 80%
- Understand how the
recordkeeping and ancillary systems operate and report information to effectively setup and transition new plans.
- Coordinate asset transfer and blackout dates with the plan sponsor and prior record keeper.
- Accurately and timely setup plan
and plan investments on the recordkeeping system.
- Work with prior record keeper to obtain plan detail in order to import and reconcile conversion data accurately and timely.
- Review work to ensure plan conversation in accurately implemented.
Keep supervisor informed of conversion related issues and/or concerns.
- Periodically reference plan documents to research plan setup questions.
- Ensure employer reports and participant statements are accurate and delivered timely
after completion of the plan conversion.
- Recognize and communicate special plan needs to plan administrator in order to successfully transition the plan.
Job Function Number 2: Client
- Support the coordination efforts of new business implementation with the trust department, client services, and sales.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with
internal and external clients.
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings and conference calls with prospects and new clients.
- Keep the Ops & Product Support Manager and Relationship Manager/Retirement Specialist informed of
sensitive issues and proactively work to address client needs.
Job Function Number 3: Teamwork and Productivity- 5%
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in
achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally and respectfully.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make
recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize
rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in basic defined contribution plan administration or converting new
and existing accounts in the daily-defined contribution environment.
- Good written / oral communication, organization and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external
- Knowledge of pension regulations and defined contribution administration.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and OmniPlus (preferred).
- Available to work overtime to
cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Qualifications typically obtained through college degree and specialized coursework in business administration and pension plan administration.
- High attention to detail.
- Process driven.
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
- Approachable and
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Sitting extended periods of time at a desk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to key, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- Must be able to access the community copier/scanner/printer.
- Periodically, large
paper files need to be moved.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online using this link to be directed to this role.
This ad has been viewed 413 times.
It expires on 11/9/2018.