in Cedar Rapids IA / AR
- Owns one or more functions or processes with accountability to meet company objectives.
- Accountable for maintaining
positive, proactive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Continually search for ways to improve effectiveness, efficiency to all processes.
- Set department goals, objectives and priorities in alignment with
- Assist in the budget process by providing information on needs within the team.
- In the Director/VP’s absence resolve escalated issues that would normally be handled by the Director/VP as they
- Set team goals, objectives, and priorities in alignment with the department goals.
- Facilitate resolution of any problem that arises with an internal or external customer.
- Works well with other managers on integrated
strategies, workflows and system development efforts that maximize organizational effectiveness. Completes performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team.
- Participates in interviewing and selection of new employees. Skilled
in managing the culture and climate of the department through effective communication, standards setting and leading by example. Provide input to Director/VP on team needs. Collaborate with Director/VP and or subordinates to design or recommend
organizational changes to continually improve service delivery effectiveness, efficiency, and career path growth for staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- FMLI or CLU
- Minimum 7-10 years underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of Voluntary Group Employee Benefits products.
- Experience in Underwriting Group Employee Benefits
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including presentation skills.
- Must be able to deal directly and effectively with senior management level both
internally and externally.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new
ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Normal office environment.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.Y4Uxt.e_K
This ad has been viewed 425 times.
It expires on 11/7/2018.