1199SEIU National Benefit Fund
in New York NY
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to
unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us
in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Manager for our Disability department.
- Oversee daily
operations of the disability and life insurance claims units to achieve and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Manage staff and ensure adherence to departmental and Fund policies and procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement
(CBA) as appropriate
- Administer all tasks associated with processing disability and life insurance benefits for the members of the Fund
- Help implement the operational objectives of the department
- Regular meetings with the Assistant
Managers and Supervisors to determine if any adjustments are needed in work flow; implement changes and new procedures as needed
- Ensure the adequacy of various internal controls i.e. claims processed in compliance with the Fund and New York State
(NYS) regulations for disability
- Assist in the training of new staff on eligibility requirements for all Funds
- Review and audit life insurance claims for accuracy and errors
- Ensure the Assistant Managers and Supervisors are
reviewing employees’ performance regularly, and that feedback leading to recognition or corrective action is taken
- Handle disability benefits and life insurance complaints from members and verify information with other departments within the
- Review and analyze claims received from the Worker’s Compensation Bureau for New York and New Jersey. Attend disability bureau hearings
- Review and analyze eligibility and/or claims of members for NYS Paid Family Leave
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five (5) years experience in disability and life insurance claims processing required; to include a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of all benefits within the
- Knowledge of NY and NJ State Disability Laws
- Knowledge of NYS Paid Family Leave Law
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge of disability and life claim systems
- Experience in monitoring production
and quality standards for both disability and life insurance claims
- Proven leadership abilities, (i.e., confidentiality, team motivator and professional appearance)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral, written, and
- Excellent organizational skills
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues.
How to Apply
For consideration and to apply, please visit us using this link.
Please mention you saw this ad in
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This ad has been viewed 533 times.
It expires on 11/5/2018.