Associate Director of Pension Benefits
Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension Fund
in Fairfax VA
The Assistant Director of Pension
Benefits is responsible for the oversight of the Pension Department. The purpose of this role is to provide leadership in the Pension Department and to ensure accurate records are kept on all participants and benefits are calculated correctly and in
accordance with the Plan Document and applicable law. This position serves on the senior leadership team of the Fund and, in that capacity, shares responsibility for all aspects of administration of a defined benefit pension fund.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of benefit applications as they are received.
- Ensure that monthly benefit payments are received each and every month to retirees and beneficiaries.
- Ensure superior customer
service to all participants and beneficiaries of the Fund.
- Prepares participant notifications and other correspondence as required.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Plan Document and applicable law are followed in the execution of duties and
throughout the Pension Department.
- Ensure appropriate controls, checks and balances, and other tools are in place to confirm accurate processing.
- Work with governmental agencies during audits and inquiries as required.
- Be responsive
to and work with local union leaders to ensure prompt and accurate benefit determinations.
- Provides written and oral instruction to Pension Analysts and Administrative Staff.
- Prepares informative and accurate reports or briefings to senior
management and/or Board of Trustees as required.
- Works closely with managers and leads to communicate daily goals.
- Assigns duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to Plan Documents and policies and
- Implement procedures and processes that instill accountability.
- Develop, design, implement and oversee a quality monitoring program.
- Documents quality issues and performance measures for management
- Responsible for monitoring and preparing performance reports, statistical analysis, and plans of action.
- Sets target goals for performance, quality, and efficiency.
- Provides employee performance management, including
performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Determines work schedules for staff assuring proper coverage.
- Provide information to assist in the performance feedback, increase employee motivation concerning quality. Enhance the
participant experience through coaching employees to provide superior service, while identifying and trending areas for process improvement.
- Prepare for distribution the annual 1099’s and filings with the Internal Revenue
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Represent and/or advise in legal proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years’ experience in a role administering a multi-employer, Taft-Hartley, defined benefit pension fund or 10 years’ experience in a similar role in lieu of a formal
- Experience managing collectively bargained staff.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance in providing professional customer service.
- Ability to articulate observations.
- Proven ability of attention to
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration and relationship management skills with the proven ability to work in a matrix environment across functional lines.
- Ability to problem solve through analysis and ongoing
feedback. Achieve results through knowledge, empathy and commitment to excellent customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work
independently and within a team environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities while paying special attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency
in MS Office as well as pension fund administration systems.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com
This ad has been viewed 3270 times.
It expires on 2/26/2019.