in Houston TX
Lead, manage, and provide leadership to the delivery of multiple, simultaneous projects, ranging from
small to large scale, in a cross-functional environment within Group Retirement Operations.
The person in this position will be expected to:
- Understand the processes, systems, and the impact to the project and business
objectives utilizing traditional and Lean business principles.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, special assignments and other priorities and adjust work accordingly to meet target deadlines.
- Leads in managing project integration, scope,
time, costs, benefits, and quality and communicates the status, risk, and issues associated with each to the correct levels(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and
- Builds relationships within business unit and across the enterprise to enable cooperative achievement of common goals while driving improved process maturity.
This position is responsible for:
cross-functional team members assigned during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion or project deliverable(s).
- Ensure that the project Sponsors expectations are translated into clear defined scope. Responsible for end-to-end
coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met.
- Evaluate all options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to system processing, business processing,
time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates.
- Work with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce Business Requirements Definition Document or Feasibility Analysis
- Work with project team members to identify sequence, estimate project related activities and produce the required project management schedule.
- Provides guidance on a continuous basis to team members in the areas of project
lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on
- Develops reporting documentation (Weekly Status Reports, SharePoint updates etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed / updated regularly.
project status to team, business owners and executive leadership as appropriate throughout the duration of assigned projects and through post implementation.
- Serves as a mentor, trainer, coach, and technical leader in support of Performance
Excellence using process improvement methodologies
- Demonstrates initiative, perseverance, and commitment in accomplishing objectives.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to
identify a problem, analyzes the source problem and recommend viable solutions.
- Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to all levels of management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
communication skills-oral written and presentation
- Proven track record of managing to, and reporting on written project plans
The best people doing this job will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
or 10 years of related work experience
- 5-10 years project management
- Experience and understanding of AGILE project management philosophies, with practical experience using this method in system enhancement projects
- Previous direct
people management will help be successful in this role
- Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Project Management / SDLC and tools
- Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume to Tanesha.Meade@valic.com
This ad has been viewed 772 times.
It expires on 10/26/2018.