Senior Retirement Plan Consultant - ERISA
in Columbus OH
JOB SUMMARY: Drive sales of life insurance, annuity, mutual fund, and retirement plans through all distribution channels by providing
comprehensive consulting services. Provide consultative sales strategies in tax, legal, and technical areas to all distribution sales channels and internal partners in the areas of business planning, estate planning, qualified plans and IRA and annuity
strategies. Speak at firm, broker / dealer and industry functions. Represent Nationwide's position in industry forums such as AALU, LIMRA, ASPPA, NAIFA, NAILBA, and SFSP.
- Direct case design
by providing comprehensive tax and technical support around advanced concepts such as business planning, estate planning, qualified retirement plans and IRA and annuity strategies to be funded with financial products.
- Provide comprehensive
consultation to Internal/External Wholesalers, NFN Affiliated Agents, advisors, advisors’ clients and third-party professionals.
- Travel and speak at industry events on advanced concepts that utilize life insurance, annuities, mutual funds,
and qualified retirement plans.
- Create, consult on, and review sales collateral on the use of financial products utilized in business planning, estate planning, qualified retirement plans and IRA and annuity strategies.
- Partner and
collaborate with NF Marketing to provide a strategic approach to the development of sales and marketing campaigns for all NF distribution sales channels.
- Author and publish tax and sales related articles, white papers and sales ideas on complex
financial product applications for use in business planning, estate planning, qualified retirement plans, and IRA and annuity strategies.
- Drive sales by educating professional decision makers on recent tax and legal changes.
implement, and facilitate training on advanced concepts funded with financial products for Internal / External Wholesalers, NFN Affiliated Agents, and advisors.
- Monitor, research, interpret, apply, and communicate current and anticipated tax,
legal, and regulatory changes to Product Development, Marketing, Underwriting, and Business Development.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to create and implement business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Provide a source of
credibility through expertise and reputation in the industry to Internal / External Wholesalers, NFN Affiliated Agents, and advisors as they establish their own credibility with clients.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend business opportunities to
drive sales for NF distribution sales channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role can be hired at a Consultant or Director level depending on experience.
- Provide comprehensive consultation on qualified
retirement plans, including fiduciary implications, plan design, and ERISA prohibited transaction rules.
- Monitor, research, and analyze Department of Labor and IRS legislative activity in relation to qualified retirement plans.
comprehensive consultation on public sector retirement plans including 457(b) and 457(f).
- Provide expertise on qualified plan operational and compliance issues.
- Provide consultation on ERISA, tax, executive compensation, and corporate
- Provide consultation on nonqualified deferred compensation, welfare benefit plans, and ESOPs.
- Demonstrated ERISA retirement plan experience as a practicing attorney, in-house general counsel for a benefits firm and/or an insurance
company; 2). Demonstrated experience in tax and legal; and 3). Demonstrated public speaking. Must have JD.
- Education / Knowledge: Juris Doctor (JD) and/or Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) preferred. Studies in business, communication or marketing preferred. Knowledge of business law, tax, accounting, sales, or financial planning required. NASD Series 6 or 7 license required. CLU or ChFC designations
- Experience: Eight to ten years related experience in a combination of Law Practice, Accounting, or Financial Planning / Sales.
- Skills: Must have strong public speaking skills,
persuasive writing skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.Staffing Exceptions to the above
minimum job requirements must be approved by:
- Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
- Working Conditions: Normal office
environment. Significant travel is required, approximately ranging 20 – 70%. Non-standard or extended work may be required based on project needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally
believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
How to Apply
Send resumes directly to Jeanne Bennet, Nationwide Recruiting Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 866 times.
It expires on 10/26/2018.