Retirement System Administrator (Senior Principal Financial Analyst)
Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
in Oakland CA
invites applications for the position of:
Retirement System Administrator (Senior Principal Financial Analyst)
SALARY: $99,115.00 - $118,385.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
AC Transit is currently looking for top candidates for the position of Retirement System Administrator (Senior Principal Financial Analyst). This position provides advanced-level retirement
analysis, interpretation and benefits determination for AC Transit employees, which includes analyzing data, laws, regulations, and ancillary retirement plans. This position is also provides group and one-on-one retirement planning, education, and
counseling to current employees and retirees. The ideal candidate would have advanced level Excel skills, financial analysis experience, strong critical thinking skills and good customer service skills. This is an excellent opportunity to work at one of
the largest bus agencies in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings
- Calculates and analyzes estimated and actual retirement benefit determinations for employees, provides information on retirement alternatives and enhancements, and administers the retirement application
- Coordinates activities related to disability retirement including the collection and dissemination of all information from applicants, doctors, attorneys, and related parties; assigns cases to medical examiners; and reviews medical reports
to ensure compliance with Retirement Plan rules.
- Assembles information on disability applicants; confers with the Retirement System Manager and outside attorneys; and presents information and recommendations to the Retirement Board in closed
sessions, and before hearing officers on appeals.
- Develops, writes, and publishes newsletters, brochures, forms, and other informational for distribution to current employees and retirees.
- Meets with employees on an individual and/or group
basis regarding retirement plan options and general retirement issues, including the use of savings plans, investments, deferred compensation, and external retirement plans.
- Plans and coordinates district-wide informational sessions, including
facilities and participant scheduling.
- Supervises the activities of the department both during the absence of, and at the direction of the Retirement System Manager.
- Provides reports and analysis to the Retirement Board, makes presentations
to the Board, and may provide analysis and materials for Board presentations by the Retirement System Manager.
- Performs or directs the performance of daily operational activities in the Retirement department.
- Oversees monthly and annual
retirement payroll processes.
- Assigns work; and reviews retirement calculations made by the Retirement System Assistant, and the work of clerical and temporary staff, as required.
- Assesses employees' retirement education needs; plans,
develops, implements, and evaluates retirement education and outreach programs and functions; and determines appropriate teaching methods and procedures.
- Writes, prepares, and maintains a variety of reports and records related to retirement
department and retirement education activities.
- Provides information, consultation, and retirement plan interpretation to external attorneys regarding legal issues, and answers routine legal inquiries that effect the distribution of retirement
- Compiles, reviews, audits, and verifies demographic data on employees and retirees used by the Actuary to determine the economic costs of the retirement plan to the District.
- Performs related duties as
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public
Administration, or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of professional level experience in retirement benefits administration or the equivalent, including verifiable experience providing education,
outreach, and counseling to plan participants. Experience with payroll functions, PeopleSoft, and/or finance and, accounting, or Human Resources is desirable. A strong background in these fields may be considered as a substitute for direct retirement or
A strong background in financial analysis is desirable, and can also be substituted for retirement benefits experience.
Desirable attributes include strong expert level skills in Excel, good financial or retirement analysis
experience, robust critical thinking skills and good customer service skills.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting operating a
personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. Some assignments in this classification require physical mobility in order to travel expeditiously to various locations and facilities within the District.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION
POSITION, REPRESENTED BY AFSCME
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed
at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include
written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records up to and throughout the recruitment process. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human
Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required
to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate
applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will
be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
How to Apply
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1282031
This ad has been viewed 780 times.
It expires on 10/24/2018.