Sr. Retirement Products Advisor
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
in Arlington VA
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with
offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America’s electric cooperatives into a single
powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
- Top Workplace by the Washington Post
- 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
- 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
- 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
- Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
- Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of
- State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields, they are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities.
Our work is interesting and constantly evolving and requiring new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive.
And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance
Sr. Retirement Products
The Sr. Retirement Products Advisor works in combination with the Director of Retirement Product Management to design and deliver relevant and
competitive retirement programs to include Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit and Nonqualified Deferred Compensation products. A key responsibility of this position is coordinating with the different business areas on the long and short-term
product development and implementation activities with respect to all retirement products as part of a total benefits solution for electric cooperatives across the country. This position will evaluate and recommend potential enhancements and new services
related to retirement plans. This position will work closely with the Director of Retirement Product Management to continue to deliver and manage quality programs and product enhancements. The position provides data analytics needed for the NQDC team to
ensure proper controls and enhance the member experience as it relates to the overall retirement products strategy.
Purpose and Mission
- Recommends, designs, develops and coordinates delivery of products and product changes
that increase or maintain competitive retirement programs to the NRECA membership
- Develops detailed product plans, developments project objectives and information required to support the success of the retirement product development and management
- Leads teams of different business areas to assess product development needs and identify risks
- Serves as internal business partner in the design, development, and delivery of programs, products/tools. Coordinates the integration of
those products/tools with other benefits programs sponsored by NRECA
- Ensures the delivery of accurate, reliable and affordable customer service and problem resolution through sponsorship of Business Process Excellence initiatives
in collaboration with other internal and external business partners, the development and management of content on the NRECA web-portal, as well as participant education/guidance materials
- Coordinates the use of data and product metrics for use in
- Operates, on a daily basis, in a way that will improve customer’s perceptions of NRECA by actively listening and being responsive to customers’ needs
- Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any
confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position’s job duties, in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business, or finance or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge,
skills and abilities. Master’s Degree Preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in retirement Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution (DB & DC) product development and administration is required; direct knowledge of multiple-employer plans a
- Experience with DB & DC record keeping systems and processes with a track record of building effective products required.
- Experience in the use of technology to integrate the “user experience” across multiple product
lines and delivery channels in order to simplify usability and enhance productivity, efficiency, and accuracy required.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, as well as the ability to work closely and effectively (collaborate) with other
NRECA Departments to ensure program compliance; competitiveness and affordability are critical success factors.
- Knowledge of ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations and laws related to the defined contribution and defined benefit plan administration as
demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Knowledge of NRECA retirement programs as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to successfully execute business process re-engineering, workflow design, and change management initiatives as
demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Strong financial and analytical skills with experience in using large data sets
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts effectively,
anticipate potential objections and persuade others to a different point of view including all levels of employees, managers, senior leadership, consultants, and legal advisors.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary along with very good
meeting facilitation skills. Ability to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to lead highly visible multidisciplinary project/program teams or initiatives and provide
leadership as the authority in a specialized field as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner as demonstrated by
prior work experience.
Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by prior work experience.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://nreca.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=nreca#/requisition/188
This ad has been viewed 952 times.
It expires on 10/14/2018.