Retirement Compliance Specialist
American Trust & Savings Bank
in Dubuque IA
Summary: Our Company is in search of an experienced compliance specialist to perform complex annual
nondiscrimination testing and Form 5500 reporting for our client’s defined contribution plans. This may also include the quality review of peer assignments. It is required that we assure retirement plans remain qualified, contributions and
benefits are tested and allocated properly, and all completed within regulatory deadlines.
This position may be filled in our Dubuque, IA or West Des Moines, IA locations.
- Analyze annual or mid-year
census information from clients and complete annual nondiscrimination testing requirements that may include but not limited to:
- Determine eligibility provisions have been calculated correctly.
- Calculate and prepare proposals for year-end or
true-up employer allocations.
- Perform required testing such as ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, Coverage, Compensation Nondiscrimination, General Nondiscrimination, Control Group Determination.
- Ensure IRS and plan limits are not exceeded by participants
- Perform complex annual nondiscrimination testing to include but not limited to new comparability allocations, integrated allocations, and average benefit testing.
- Ability to read and interpret plan
- Prepare Form 5500 and reporting that may include but not limited to:
- Reconcile plan financial statements.
- Prepare annual audit packages for applicable plans.
- Provide audit support to auditors and clients for
- Provide compliance testing and reporting support to internal and external partners.
- Identify and recognize any compliance issues that arise from a plan’s testing and reporting process, and analyze and
recommend corrective action.
- Responsible for logging workload information into database for tracking purposes.
- Perform other compliance duties as required or assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate the
- PC, calculator, copy / scan machine, telephone, fax machine
- Ability to work with the following software:
- Excel, Access, Word, Adobe, Relius Administration, Relius Government Forms
- Possess the following skills:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet regulatory deadlines as well as team and personal goals.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to react to change productively.
- Experience in daily in house recordkeeping and
TPA products is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations.
Minimum Level of Preparation:
- Two year degree or relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of Retirement or
- Industry recognized designations (ASPPA, etc.).
How to Apply
Please apply online using this link: https://americantrust.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=1086
This ad has been viewed 938 times.
It expires on 10/14/2018.