Retirement Plan Document Specialist
in Encino CA / Telecommute
Remote opportunities available!
Timely and accurate completion of plan documents, amendments, IRS submissions and other related
documents. Update procedures and train staff to create and maintain plan documents and amendments.
- Draft plan documents, restatements and amendments for medium to advance complexity plans
- Prepare Summary of
Plan Provisions and Summary Material Modifications for medium to advance complexity plans
- Prepare determination letter applications for initial qualification and plan terminations
- Consult on plan design and compliance issues with internal
- Complete projects timely, accurately and cost effectively
- Review work performed by entry level Plan Document Specialists
- Update procedures and train staff
- Assist with self-correction program (SCP) and prepare
- Compliance Program (VCP) submissions
- Review takeover plan documents for compliance issues
- Perform technical research
- Review plan document updates and software updates for improvements and law
- Identify potential issues/problems and refer them to Manager or Consultant for solutions
- Look for opportunities to improve Plan Document Services processes
- Perform Special projects as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, including composing and communicating technical ideas
- Detail oriented
- Dependable with excellent follow through on
commitments and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with ability to work in a numbers oriented
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Commitment to ongoing pension education
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever changing office environment
- Team player
be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule and work overtime as needed
- Experience drafting plan documents is required
- 5 to 10 years of administration experience or equivalent
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- ASPPA QKA or higher designation or actuarial exams preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent
retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work
every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship,
sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans.
Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/rnehm
This ad has been viewed 1603 times.
It expires on 10/9/2018.