Employee Benefits Specialist
in San Francisco CA
Experienced plan administrator sought to join our nationally recognized Employee Benefits
practice group as a benefits specialist. This position will assist our Employee Benefits attorneys in a wide range of employee benefit plan-related transactions, corrections, and regulatory filings.
Location: San Francisco or Northern
- Prepare retirement plan adoption agreements, plan documents, amendments, summary plan descriptions, adopting resolutions and related plan forms and participant
- Organize and track transactional and/or regulatory filing or notice distribution tasks and communicate progress to team as issues and/or items are resolved.
- Assist with performance of due diligence reviews of employee benefit plans
in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Prepare IRS determination letter application filings, IRS VCP application submissions, and IRS Form 5330 filings.
- Assist with calculation of corrective contributions and distributions for
self-correction and VCP purposes.
- Prepare Department of Labor DFVCP filings and Department of Labor VFCP applications.
- Assist with preparation of responses to IRS or Department of Labor audits of employee benefit plans.
responsibilities as client needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate job-related experience required.
- ASPPA credential in qualified plan administration required (CPC, QPA, or
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a qualified plan administrator for defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans.
- Experience preparing prototype and volume submitter adoption agreements, individually designed plan
documents, plan amendments, summary plan descriptions, adopting resolutions and related plan forms and participant notices.
- Solid understanding of regulatory compliance requirements for coverage testing, nondiscrimination testing, annual additions
testing, top heavy testing, employer contribution calculations, deduction limits, and contribution deposit deadlines.
- Experience administering all types of employee benefit plan distributions and payments, including termination distributions,
required minimum distributions, in-service distributions, hardship withdrawals, participant loans, and QDRO assignments.
- Knowledge of filing requirements and procedures for IRS determination letters, IRS VCP applications, Department of Labor DFVCP
filings, and Department of Labor VFCP applications, and Form 5330 filings.
- Familiarity with controlled group and affiliated service group determinations.
- Experience administering nonqualified plans (403(b), 457(b), 457(f)) and executive
compensation plans a plus, but not required.
- Must demonstrate superior attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional drafting, proof-reading and communications
- Must be a team player while effectively and efficiently using firm resources.
Nixon Peabody is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Please apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 551 times.
It expires on 10/8/2018.