Product Owner, Agile
in MN / PA
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 8 million
Americans save for the future. We deliver our services through internal and external web applications that focus on financial recordkeeping, administration, and program management services. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Just
recently, Ascensus was named to the Inc. 5,000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over three years!
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Product Owner to
be responsible for the roadmap and execution of carrying out the vision for the assigned Program (Digital, Foundational, EIM and Business Process). The Product Owner is the member of the team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team
Backlog so as to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components the team is responsible for.
- Creates and maintains the
- Prioritizes and sequences the Backlog according to business value or ROI
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint
- Represents the customer, interfaces and engages the customer
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Release Planning, Sprint
Reviews and Retrospectives
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done
- Can change the course of the project at the end of every Sprint
- Terminates a Sprint if it
is determined that a drastic change in direction is required
- Maintains relationships with the business and the client to understand the current and changing needs
- Actively involved in Organizational readiness activities
point person internally and externally for the team for updates and feedback
- Identify and maintain the KPIs need to support the team and assigned product
- Undergraduate degree in business or
technology related fields.
- Minimum 10 years? experience in the assigned business domain: 401(k), IRA, 529, etc
- Minimum 5 years? experience in a leadership role with proven experience building and leading a data science organization or
- Strong technical background and knowledge
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on
people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for
retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual
orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/rfXu4
This ad has been viewed 430 times.
It expires on 10/6/2018.