Operations Team Leader - Trading
in Folsom CA
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their
employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Operations Team
Leader-Trading is responsible for supervising the duties of the Folsom Trading Team which works on both the DST & Relius Recordkeeping systems. This team's primary functions include Share Reconciliation, Corporate Action Scans, Brokerage Account
Services, Fund Actions, Trade File Submissions & working Trade related cash items. This candidate is expected to lead as well as assist with the daily volumes.
You are the right person for the role
- You have 2-3 years of related experience in qualified retirement plan environment, or related field
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the proven ability to train and assess the
work of others
- You must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and solid prioritization skills
- You have excellent client services and interpersonal skills
- You have solid analytical, financial, time management and
problem resolution skills
- You have the ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- You must be focused and driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
have a strong Microsoft Office
- You have knowledge of Relius or DST Admin system, PC applications and File formats a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related
field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Successful completion of ASPPA or NIPA examinations/credentials a plus
The Operations Team Leader-Trading will:
- Manage Share Reconciliation process to ensure
variances are being resolved in a timely matter. Escalate as appropriate
- Monitor Corporate Actions to ensure timely actions in the recordkeeping system
- Assist in resolving Brokerage Account issues that arise
- Ensure that timely and
accurate communications are completed as part of the fund change process
- Participate in fund change planning process to mitigate as much risk as possible
- Be available for resolution of any problems that may arise during trade file
submission for both DST & Relius systems
- Monitor cash reports to ensure all trade related items are worked in a timely matter
- Train, develop and review the work of new staff members
- Facilitate communication and provide technical
guidance to staff
- Resolve escalated issues and demonstrate proactive solution-based approach to enhance client relations
- Makes procedural change requests or clarifications and then implements in the department
- Participate in the
development and implementation of company policies and procedures
- Remain current on regulations and new pension laws
- Participate in cross-functional projects
- Manage staff member’s performance and productivity
monthly meetings with staff members
- Conduct effective team meetings
- Attend routine meetings with LOB leader
- Communicate expectations effectively with staff members
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon
satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable
law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 443 times.
It expires on 10/1/2018.