in Burlington VT
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their
employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Actuarial Analyst will work
in teams with other Actuaries to deliver actuarial and financial modeling services to our clients. S/he will analyze client data, run actuarial valuations, prepare new plan documents and restatements, plan terminations, prepare IRS Form 5500, conduct
benefit calculations and provide support to client managers.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, or mathematics
- You have 0-3 Years’ experience in
a similar role
- You have strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- You have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- You possess exceptional organization skills, strong
attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Successful completion or progress of the Society of Actuary exams is desirable
- ProVal or ASC software experience a plus but not a requirement
The Actuarial Analyst
- Complete pension funding and accounting defined benefit actuarial valuation reports for review by Actuary.
- Coordinate participant data with client, inputs and checks participant eligibility, reviews plan provisions
and government regulations
- Develop Excel spreadsheets and Word documents to aid in producing actuarial valuations.
- Prepare plan forms and notices, required government forms (Form 5500 and related schedules, Pension Benefit Guaranty
Corporation (PBGC) premium filings, PBGC Notice of Intent to Terminate, etc.)
- Assist Actuaries and other team members with managing projects and meeting both external (i.e. IRS/DOL/PBGC) and internal (i.e. setting and meeting client expectations)
- Provide high level client support and customer service on day-to-day issues with clients, acts in a proactive manner with assigned clients and builds strong client relationships to ensure retention.
Newport group offers for
employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 463 times.
It expires on 10/1/2018.