Trust Operations Manager
Exeter 1031 Exchange Services, LLC
in Cheyenne WY / San Diego CA
The Trust Operations Manager is part of the senior management
team and reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The position is responsible for the day-to-day processing, coordination, management and oversight of the Trust Operations Department. The Trust Operations Manager position
requires significant hands-on involvement in the day-to-day trust operations activities.
The position is also responsible for the long-term strategic planning for the Trust Operations Department, including drafting and implementing
comprehensive policies, procedures and best practices; selection, design and implementation of trust operations systems; design and implementation of internal control systems and processes to ensure streamlined, efficient, and accurate trust operations
reports, support services, and activities; design, implementation and enforcement of internal controls, dual controls, and checks and balances; and collaboration with the Compliance Officer to ensure that the company is exceeding its compliance
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Trust Operations Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that the Trust Operations Department
consistently delivers superior client service and maintains high-quality service standards for its internal and external clients.
- Possess strong judgment, ethics, morals and decision-making skills with superior attention to accurate information and
- Directly supervise and strategically build the Trust Operations Department as the company grows and expands its products and services.
- Operate effectively in a fast paced, growth oriented, team focused, and transformational
environment and be ready to support trust administration in the delivery of a variety of products and services.
- Manage and oversee trust and tax accounting and recordkeeping; trust operations systems; banking relationships; securities processing,
clearing, settlement and servicing; cash management, and dual control/internal controls, and daily reconcilements.
- Possess a general understanding and working knowledge of principal and income accounting.
- Prepare and file all regulatory
reports, including preparation of the Division of Banking Fiduciary Reports and/or Call Reports.
- Manage and oversee corporate banking relationships, cash management and accounts payables and receivables.
- Draft, maintain and monitor all
company risk management policies, procedures, business continuity plans, best practices, and insurance coverages, including the company Fidelity Bond, Errors & Omissions Insurance, Directors & Officers insurance, workers compensation and general
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and best practices for the Trust Operations Department to ensure compliance with all Federal, state and local statutes, regulations and rules in collaboration with the Board
Trust Committee and the Board Audit Committee.
- Develop, continuously review, update/revise, and implement the necessary technology and processing systems to ensure an efficient, automated, paperless, accurate, and transparent Trust Operations
Department, including trust accounting software, integration with the centralized cloud-based storage technologies and Microsoft Office 365 systems through collaboration with the senior management team.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of trust
company policies, procedures and best practices and in collaboration with the senior management team ensure that all employees are in compliance.
- Provide guidance and direction to Trust Operations Department team members for their
professional development and continuing education.
- Other requests, duties and responsibilities that may be requested from time to time.
Qualified applicants should have a
minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory or management level experience, or, if no direct supervisory or management level experience, a minimum of ten (10) years of trust operations/accounting experience in the Trust Operations Department of an
independent trust company or a trust department of a commercial bank.
Bachelor’s degree is a plus, but not required. Direct experience in trust operation functions such as trust accounting, trust systems, bank relationships,
securities settlement, asset valuations, internal controls, compliance and regulatory reporting is required for this position. Experience in 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges, Self-Directed IRAs, or custody accounts specializing in Alternative Investments
(non-traded investments such as real estate, real estate related assets and other non-traded assets), is a huge plus for this position.
Other Required Skills
Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret, understand and concisely summarize
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical publications, compliance manuals and governmental regulations, and to effectively communicate technical information in written, oral, or other presentation formats and respond to related
questions is absolutely necessary.
Desire and drive to stay abreast of industry trends, new technologies and systems in order to continually improve the trust operation functions and support services.
Computer, Technology and Automation
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat software required. Experience with Salesforce.com CRM or other comparable CRM system is a huge plus. Excellent
client service, critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are needed. The ability to exercise and maintain complete confidentiality and discretion is mandatory.
Preference will be given to those candidates willing to locate in Cheyenne, WY, otherwise, candidate might be located in San Diego, CA.
How to Apply
Email resume, statement of qualifications, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad has been viewed 600 times.
It expires on 9/21/2018.