Distributions Team Leader (Retirement Benefits)
Wespath Benefits and Investments
in Glenview IL
Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as one of "Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in 2017 and 2018, is now hiring for a Distributions Team Leader in our Customer Service department. The Distributions
Team Leader supervises a team responsible for the processing of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Welfare Plan benefit payments/distributions and ensuring that performance standards are met or exceeded. The Team Leader is responsible for
ensuring ongoing service delivery work that results in high-quality service for plan sponsors and plan participants. This includes project scheduling, capacity and utilization management, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status
of outstanding issues. Additionally, the Team Leader is responsible for recruiting, developing and training Benefits Determination staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following are intended to describe
the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.)
- Monitors dashboard measures for Benefits Determination
unit to proactively manage peaks in workloads.
- Processes and approves secured transactions.
- Identifies, plans, and manages process improvement projects to create year-over-year efficiencies in operational workloads.
- Manages daily
and annual activity (i.e. Retirement Season, Tax Withholding Solicitation, Tax reporting Required Minimum Distributions) to ensure end results are delivered with high quality and on time.
- Ensure service level commitments are maintained by the
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in the processing of participant transaction in accordance with plan documents, regulatory policies and quality standards.
- Lead the team to achieve key operating goals defined in the customer service
standards, through coaching, teamwork, use of workflow and technology, and judicious use of performance metrics.
- Ensure processing documentation is accurate and complete.
- In partnership with the Quality team, assesses and identifies
training needs. Ensure delivery of training.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the team.
- Evaluates overall performance and provides feedback and coaching to all team members including monthly call and task evaluations.
to escalated phone calls from participants, beneficiaries, plan sponsors and vendors; resolve escalated participant issues.
- Foster positive working relationships across the team, department and organization.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge
of database application, work policies and procedures.
- Participates in and serves in leadership roles on cross-functional and organization-wide projects that support strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and familiarity with
internal documentation; the Book of Discipline, summary plan documents, plan documents and legislation for research and interpretation.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in business or
related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in customer service in the employee benefits and/or financial industries.
- Proficiency in the use of the PC and Microsoft Office applications, with a skill set
that will allow multiple application navigation.
- Proficient communication skills, oral and written, able to perform basic math functions, analytical skills to interpret data and resolve problems.
- 2+ year supervisory
Preferred Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience supervising 7-10 people.
- Working knowledge of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, 403(b) and 401(k) pension
- Working knowledge of Welfare plans.
- Experience with OMNI applications a plus.
How to Apply
For more information about Wespath please visit:
To apply to this position visit:
This ad has been viewed 613 times.
It expires on 9/21/2018.