Retirement Benefits Specialist
in Pasadena CA
This is a full-time position based in Pasadena, CA, for a Taft Hartley Trust Fund that provides Health and Welfare, Pension,
Annuity and Vacation benefits to over 15,000 Active and Retired individuals throughout California, Arizona and Nevada.
The following are examples which describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this
- Compile, review and interpret plan documents
- Understand, explain and calculate years of service for eligibility and vesting
- Understand, explain and calculate community property entitlement (QDRO)
- Prepare and
process defined contribution benefit distribution packages for terminated, retired or deceased plan participants.
- Prepare and process defined benefit plan calculations and applications
- Communicate directly with Members, Trust Fund
Management and Board of Trustees both verbally and in writing
- Manage time to assure work is completed within the processing time guidelines.
- Answer telephone calls from Members, which includes researching and verifying retirement benefit
information to resolve inquiries relating to such matters.
Knowledge / Experience
This position requires a person with a minimum of 2 years highly specialized experience in a Taft Hartley and/or other retirement benefit environment. The
ideal candidate must be very detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize workloads; proficient with Microsoft Office and its applications; exceptional organizational and impeccable follow-up abilities are a must.
ability to interact effectively and provide information in response to inquiries about the Plan and its benefits is essential. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as a demonstrated track record of providing superior customer
service. Knowledge of health and welfare plan administration (medical, dental and vision) and bilingual a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be based on the experience of the applicant. We offer an
excellent compensation and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and a company-funded defined contribution retirement plan.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selection of Applicant Will Be Based Strictly on
How to Apply
To apply, email:
LeanneV@ironworkerbenny.net and LisanneD@ironworkerbenny.net
This ad has been viewed 731 times.
It expires on 9/21/2018.