Regional Sales Manager
in Dallas TX
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for sales of Milliman’s Employee Benefit Administration corporate products and services throughout the assigned
region, including Defined Contribution Administration, Defined Benefit Administration, Pension Actuarial, and Communications Consulting. Focus will be on pursuing sales opportunities through building relationships in the advisor channel. The Regional
Sales Manager oversees the sales process for assigned deals from the proposal stage through the close.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Develops relationships with third party intermediaries within territory to broaden
understanding and appreciation of Milliman’s capabilities. Generates new opportunities and wins through these intermediaries to achieve personal and team sales goals.
- Handles the entire range of sales activities, including relationship
building, initial meeting / demonstrations, and presentations and closing business.
- Sets sales strategy for each specific prospect and oversees and coordinates the work of Milliman’s New Business Team members for that prospect. Responsible to
follow established procedures and processes in accordance with the “art of the deal.”
- Oversees preparation of Milliman’s response to written Requests for Proposal received from prospects seeking our services. Reviews original and
final draft, assuring that proposal reflects the agreed upon strategy, that all issues are addressed appropriately, pricing is correct, and that Milliman is appropriately represented.
- Sets strategy and coordinates team for finals presentations and
site visits. Makes sure all presentations reflect our strongest capabilities and are targeted to meet prospect needs and desires. Participates in presenting content in a clear and appealing manner.
- Participates in company sales meetings,
industry conferences, and other networking and marketing activities as assigned.
- Provides information to Milliman with regard to industry trends, reasons for wins and losses, state of the competitive marketplace, product development needs, and
client / prospect perceptions of Milliman.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of all products and services offered. Follows Milliman protocol for tracking activity and results, including appropriate use of applicable CRM
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Experience in consulting and sales / marketing with respect to qualified retirement plan
- Demonstrated ability to lead the sales process and win the deal.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of retirement plan services (recordkeeping, investments, communications, competition, compliance).
- Superb communication
skills, ability to present information and manage presentations covering complex topics to prospective clients, search consultants, and the general public.
- Willingness to collaborate with and support efforts of the other sales and marketing team
members, a good team player that works well with others.
- Willingness to maintain up to 50% travel as required by job responsibilities.
- Self-starter with good project management skills and ability to work under deadlines.
of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internet use.
Must demonstrate Milliman’s core values which include:
- Integrity - Must be honest,
fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable.
- Teamwork - Work cooperatively and treat clients and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information.
to excellence - Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
- High energy with effective poise and presence, self-motivated and relentlessly
striving towards goals.
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits
Milliman employs more than 3,400 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly
earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union
Milliman’s management has a history of rewarding performance and views this position as a vital piece of its ongoing strategy to solidify and grow long-term client relationships.
company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider
qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not
discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the HR department.
Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
How to Apply
Apply online using this link
This ad has been viewed 708 times.
It expires on 9/16/2018.