Loan & Withdrawal Specialist
in Encino CA / Telecommute
Timely and accurate completion of loan and withdrawal projects. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and
external clients, reviews defined contribution loan and withdrawal work performed by others and performs complex calculations for cash balance pension plans.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity AlwaysÂ® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Review loan, vested benefits, refund packages and Required Minimum Distribution calculations for 401(k) and other Defined Contribution plans.
- Calculate vested benefits for Cash Balance
- Perform calculations for Notice of Participant Benefits and election packages on terminating plans.
- Perform calculations for refunds on 401(k) Plans.
- Perform Required Minimum Distribution calculations on Defined Contribution
and Cash Balance Plans.
- Perform technical research to answer questions as needed.
- Perform quality review of loan and withdrawal packages before sending to clients.
- Send loan and withdrawal packages to clients on a timely basis to
meet customer expectations and service standards.
- Answer loan and withdrawal questions from clients, participants and staff in a helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and proactive manner.
- Assist clients to navigate our website to download
- Understand pension plan documents to determine individual plan specifications.
- Participate in and assist with implementing improvements to the loan and withdrawal process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the Loan
&Withdrawal tracking logs.
- Provide support to Loan &Withdrawal phone lines.
- Provide back up to other teams, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in processing loans and withdrawals for Defined Contribution and Cash Balance Plans.
- Actuarial experience with strong math skills
- Analytical and Conceptual
- Detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate technical concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever changing office environment
- Dependable with excellent follow through on commitments and responsibilities
- Must be available to work overtime as deemed necessary
- Must be able to
sit for long periods (at least 8 hours per day).
- Must be able to work on a computer at least 8 hours per day (includes looking at a monitor, typing using a keyboard and using a computer mouse).
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred.
- ASPPA or SOA exams leading to designations are preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement
and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day
knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex,
marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus
also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/qhbkS
This ad has been viewed 1128 times.
It expires on 9/11/2018.