Counsel - Corporate Benefits & ERISA Attorney
in DE / NY
M&T Bank; Counsel - Corporate Benefits & ERISA Attorney; Full-Time
The successful candidate will be located in Buffalo, New York, Wilmington, DE or NYC, NY and will be supporting M&T Bank's HR Division, primarily matters relating to development and administration of
employee retirement and welfare benefits plans.
More specifically, the successful candidate will assist in:
- Serving as one of the legal advisors to the HR Division, including providing ongoing day-to-day legal advise and support for the
Division's Compensation and Benefits Department;
- Drafting and reviewing qualified and non-qualified retirement and welfare benefit plans and all related documents;
- Negotiating and drafting agreements with third party administrators and
benefit service providers;
- Advising the Division on applicability of federal and state benefit laws and regulations;
- Advising the Division on legal matters relating to compliance with applicable state and federal retirement and benefits
laws and regulations such as ERISA, state and federal tax, HIPAA, and ACA;
- Identifying, evaluating and escalating legal and regulatory risks affecting the Division; collaborating with HR to develop plans to mitigate such risks with a view towards
the rist appetite of the corporation;
- Overseeing external counsel used to support the Division;
- Assisting with responses to regulatory inquiries and employee benefit claims, appeals, and litigation;
- Keeping senior management and
other personnel up to date on pertinent legal and regulatory developments, including legal risks.
- J.D. degree required. Licensed to practice law in New York (or ability to obtain an in-house counsel
license in New York);
- Minimum of 4 plus years of relevant experience;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment; experience in leading and facilitating
- Experience advising on employee retirement and benefit laws and regulations such as ERISA, state and federal tax, HIPAA, and ACA;
- Experience identifying, evaluating and escalating legal risk issues;
- Strong communication
skills to deal with internal and external constituencies, including senior business leaders; external counsel; regulatory officials; risk, compliance and audit counterparts at the organization; counterparts at other companies; and industry
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor
individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link:
This ad has been viewed 1190 times.
It expires on 9/10/2018.