401(k) Plan Administrator
in Greenville SC / Raleigh NC / Greensboro NC
Job Profile Summary
Administer assigned daily/balance forward account and ensure proper flow of
work in the most accurate and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed,
both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Perform administration functions on assigned accounts using the advice, counsel, and direction of the Employee Benefit Operations (EBO)
Administration Team Leader, EBO Regional Recordkeeping Manager, and EBO Administration Manager. Interpret legal documents and current Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) regulations. Keep abreast of
appropriate tax laws, regulations, trends, and issues that may affect plan administration. Provide quality control for assigned team responsibilities.
- Inform Administration Team Leader, Regional Recordkeeping Manager, and EB Administration Manager
of pertinent account issues.
- Provide ongoing communication with Plan Sponsor, Consultant, and Team Manager.
- Respond to all voice mail and e-mail communications in accordance with BB&T’s Perfect Client Experience.
annual compliance review for each account and work with Consultants to update plans as needed. Maintain current account synopsis for each plan assigned.
- Ensure that filing is kept current for assigned plans and purged in accordance with Office
Practice Manual guidelines. Maintain all required work plans and processing checklists
- Coordinate the transfer of existing plan assets and participant account records from the prior Trustee/Custodian/Record keeper to BB&T’s trust and
- Review new account openings for accuracy following approved checklists and ensure accounts coded for modeling are coded and working properly.
- Review and process data received from plan sponsor using BB&T
Information Security guidelines.
- Review trial balances/cash sheets daily for accuracy and clear overdrafts within required time frame of 3 business days. Key security trades through Trade Order Processing and wire cash/assets into or out of
- Submit fees timely and accurately to appropriate personnel to generate fee bills and monitor accounts to see that fees are collected.
- Participate in departmental training.
- Prepare and/or review, in a timely manner, Form
5500 for the plan or gather data for the preparation of Form 5500. Promptly respond to any IRS notices regarding Form 5500 and assist in preparation of other required regulatory filings.
- Generate allocation reports, participant statements, and
testing within the required guidelines.
- Advise Consultant(s) of any action required by the client; perform assigned quality control reviews for all reporting prior to delivery to client.
- Balance trust accounts and prepare financial
statements for assigned accounts.
- Ensure accounts are closed timely and correctly in accordance with approved checklists; ensure final fee billing has been collected prior to release of assets and records.
- Coordinate the transfer of plan
assets and participant account records to successor Trustee/Custodian/Record keeper from BB&T’s trust and recordkeeping systems.
- Adhere to internal processes, procedures and policies to ensure efficiency, quality and profitability; make
recommendations for process improvement.
- Participate in Sales Proposal meetings, Request for Proposal (RFP) and in-person client meetings as needed.
- Participate in internal and external audit inquiries as well as regulatory inspections as
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
- Two years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to do detailed work and to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to external/internal clients
- Demonstrated proficiency in
basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Knowledge of ERISA laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of internal
- Ability to act as mentor to new team members
Positions located in Raleigh, NC or Greensboro, NC or Greenville, SC
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Greensboro-NC/Retirement---Institutional-Services-401-k--Plan-Administrator_R0008469
This ad has been viewed 1653 times.
It expires on 9/7/2018.