Plan Termination Account Manager
Nova 401(k) Associates
in Houston TX / Telecommute
Looking for your next challenge? Do you enjoy consulting with clients? Are you a plan termination
expert? Are you excellent at communicating verbally and via email? Do you want the flexibility and convenience of working from home?
Nova 401(k) Associates is looking for a Plan Termination Account Manager. If you are located near one of our physical
offices (currently Austin, Dallas, Houston and Scottsdale), the position will allow you to work a split schedule from home and from our office. If you are not near one of our physical offices, we will provide you with a home office setup including computer
and phone so that you can serve your clients from your home office.
Plan terminations are exclusively handled by our Plan Termination Account Manager with a primary focus of ensuring a smooth termination process for the plan sponsor and the plan
participants. Our Plan Termination Account Manager position is supported by strong defined contribution and defined benefit plan teams, a plan document team, a special projects group, and a loan and distribution department. Teams work toward stated
quarterly firm goals with special recognition given to individuals with exceptional performance.
Nova 401(k) Associates is a vibrant and growing national third party, non-producing administration firm. We have a nationally recognized sales team
allowing us to grow in excess of 20% per year providing advancement opportunities for our professionals.
- Proactively and independently manage a yearly flow of about 200 terminating plans,
including coordination of the plan termination options letter, plan amendment(s), IRS plan termination filings, PBGC plan termination filings, final benefits calculations, plan asset liquidation, final year administration and government filings, and final
- Superior client service and ability to consult with clients regarding defined contribution and defined benefit plan terminations
- Proactively communicate with clients, investment advisors and record-keepers about the plan:
- Plan termination status/timeline and process involved
- Final year administration, including ADP/ACP tests, other non-discrimination testing, Form 5500 and other government forms for the final plan year for both
defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Work with other Nova departments, record-keepers and advisors to ensure a smooth plan termination experience for the plan sponsor
- Perform work according to Nova policies and
- Five or more years of 401(k) plan administration and plan termination experience
- Defined benefit plan termination, plan administration and PBGC experience not required, but
- Working knowledge of ADP/ACP, 415, 410(b), Top Heavy and 401(a)(4) non-discrimination testing
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to proactively and independently manage a book
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of critical thinking
- Coachable and committed to professional development
- NIPA or ASPPA credentials
- College degree
get it. We listen. We communicate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply at http://nova401k.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2q9r9f0fm5y
This ad has been viewed 2839 times.
It expires on 8/16/2018.