Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs plan administrative services for assigned group of plans. Serves as main point of contact for
plan sponsors and agents for qualified plan inquiries. Provides consultation to plan sponsors and agents regarding plan design and operation. Works with minimal supervision.
- Maintains positive relationships with plan sponsors, agents and internal clients.
- Performs annual testing to ensure plans meet nondiscrimination and coverage regulations
provided by the IRS and DOL.
- Prepares required governmental filings for assigned qualified plans.
- Balances plans and prepares annual plan valuations based on information provided by plan sponsors on a balance forward basis. Notifies
client of any balancing issues, any required contributions and maximum deductible contribution amounts.
- Prepares illustrations for employer contributions using all allocation methods including non-safe harbor methods.
- Instructs plan
sponsors and agents on safe harbor correction methods for plan failures and calculates amounts for corrective distributions and/or required plan contributions.
- Assists plan sponsors with EPCRS and DFVCP corrections.
- Reviews plans to
ensure provisions of plan document are appropriately applied on both a plan and participant level.
- Explains provisions of plan document, including any amendments to plan sponsors and agents. Provides information on how this affects the plan and
its participants. Provides consultation regarding plan design and operations for Defined Contribution plans.
- Consults with sales team on technical issues with plan design for Defined Contribution plans. Provides input to management and sales team
on current industry developments.
- Provides guidance to Pension Administrator I and Pension Administrator II regarding acceptable consultative recommendations for Defined Contribution plans.
- Mentors new associates regarding Lafayette Life
Retirement Services procedures.
- Assists plan sponsors and agents with day-to-day administration of plan. Provides available distribution amounts and assistance with determining participant eligibility and provides other information required for
daily plan operations.
- Requests information necessary to provide plan valuation and annual testing and prepares government forms prior to the end of the plan year. Applies required follow-up procedures to obtain necessary information and invoice
- Contacts plan sponsors and agent of existing unresolved issues. Proactively notifies plan sponsors and agents of impending issues.
- Notifies plan sponsors of necessary Required Minimum Distributions and follows up to assist the
appropriate handling of these transactions.
- Guides plan sponsors and agents through the proper process when terminating a qualified plan.
- Promotes the value of Lafayette Life products within qualified plans.
- Performs other duties
as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated advanced level of employer-sponsored retirement plan knowledge in either Defined
Contribution or Defined Benefit plan types.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs to both internal and external client groups in a clear and concise
manner. This includes demonstrated strong telephone and email communication skills and etiquette.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Must cite examples of organization and time management methods used to
manage or prioritize workload demands.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Proven experience handling and effectively resolving
customer problems. Must provide examples of strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance/annuity industry or pension industry. Ability to provide examples of life insurance/annuity or retirement plan concepts including
product knowledge, procedures, systems and applications.
- Works in an office setting and remains in a continuous stationary
position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- College degree or equivalent work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- At least five years of experience in the
employer-sponsored qualified plan field.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Must be proficient with
Windows-based operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of Datair Pension Administration System and/or Sungard Document System preferred.
- Knowledge of NOLAS mainframe system is a plus.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- ASPPA QKA or equivalent designation within 2 years of hire.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads and special projects.