View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Education Specialist
CUNA Mutual Group
in Telecommute / NC / OH / TN / VA / WV
Territory covers North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio and West Virginia. Role will be worked remotely from within the territory - preference for candidates residing in North Carolina and
This position is responsible for high quality and proactive support of retirement plan sponsors and financial advisors, in presenting the advantages and details of
retirement plans (Defined Contribution, Profit Sharing 403(b) and Defined Benefit plans) to employees of credit unions and small businesses adopting CUNA Mutual’s employee retirement programs.
This position provides technical training and
educational value in the area of retirement plan education activities addressing specific client needs in an effort to retain and grow business within assigned regional customer accounts.
This role takes a multi-media approach to delivering impactful
education to participants in qualified retirement plans. The goal is improve participants' financial health and take action towards a more successful retirement future.
possesses detailed knowledge and/or skill on a particular subject or activity. Their talents are devoted to a particular business focus and they provide guidance, technical leadership and training to less experienced staff. Develops and
implements solutions that align with key business strategies and initiatives.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
- Requires knowledge and experience in own
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers
- Manages own workload and occasionally provides informal guidance to colleagues with less experience
- Solves a range of problems
- Analyzes possible
solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Assesses and supports the needs of the plans sponsor,
independent financial advisors and our credit union direct sales team members in conducting employee enrollment and education meetings to groups and interested individuals to help meet the strategic goals of the plan.
- Maintains joint responsibility
with the Relationship Managers/Retirement Specialists to create a territory plan that achieves the service model metrics around educational meetings and other service activities that drive plan and participant retention.
- Effectively presents,
educates and promotes to the employees of the business adopting a retirement plan the basics and overall advantages of their retirement plan(s), including information about their investment options. Goal is to provide education that helps increase
participation in the plan, increase employees’ deferrals and optimizes the allocation of a participants’ assets. These services may be provided via a combination of onsite, webinar, video or email campaign support.
- During and
following the group enrollment and education meetings, understands and responds effectively to employee concerns/questions to help them take action and optimize their utilization and appreciation of their retirement plan.
- Provides technical/product
training to financial advisor, plans sponsor, and their employees, regarding details and information pertaining to their particular retirement plan(s).
- Serves as an education expert for the servicing/sales team to identify enrollment and
participant education resources, strategies and educational campaigns that can assist in the acquisition and retention of business.
- Interfaces with home office product leaders in the enhancement of existing retirement programs, the development of
new programs, and materials needed to service those programs at the participant level.
- Understands the competitive environment for the retirement services marketplace together with diverse financial services markets.
- Fosters teamwork and
culture that is action oriented and accepts and responds rapidly to change.
- Maintains relationships with organizations and associations that support the product and service needs of the retirement plan industry.
- Assist in the identification
of new market needs and potential solutions to those needs.
- The above statement of duties in not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of related professional work experience.
- Three years of current experience
enrolling and educating participants in various retirement programs or an equivalent trade-off of related training and educational experience. Ability to deliver education in Spanish is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Qualified
and Non-Qualified Retirement Plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) and Defined Benefit Plans.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, planning and presentation skills (both face-to-face and virtual).
- Proven ability to clearly and
effectively communicate detailed product information and retirement plan services to internal/external clients via phone, in person and in writing.
- Demonstrated abilities to use presentation technologies and software such as PowerPoint, Brainshark,
- Possess or obtain FINRA Securities Industry Essentials Examination, Series 6 and 63 exams, Life and Variable Annuity Insurance Licenses within 90 days
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)