View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Institutional Sales -- Market Development Specialist
in Telecommute / Lincoln NE
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy and financially
secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
Ameritas is looking
for a Market Development Specialist this individual will focus on securing new institutional sales for Ameritas. The position will establish new relationships as well as manage and drive greater sales within existing
relationships. This position will have a heavy focus on MEPs, but will also support Governmental, Non-Profit and other group retirement products. The Market Development Specialist is responsible for attaining the assigned annual sales goal by developing,
supporting, and driving sales through key strategic relationships. These key relationships will include Ameritas Broker Dealer (AIC) advisors, independent financial advisors, third party administrators, broker dealers and other key
What you do
- Prospect various distribution channels for institutional sales.
- Develop and execute on client specific business plans for institutional sales designed to maximize results over
- Prepare and present proposals for Ameritas Retirement Plan products and services.
- Partner with internal wholesaler (Regional Sales Consultant) and VP of Institutional Sales for development and execution of business strategy that
produces maximum results.
- Act as liaison between the client and Home Office as needed to ensure success.
- Continuously enhance skills and retirement plan knowledge through professional development activities (Reading, formal/informal
education, training classes, special projects/assignments).
- Meet or exceed the annual sales objectives for the territory.
- Communicate regularly with key internal partners, including but not limited to external sales reps, internal sales
reps, relationship managers, and other key distribution personnel.
- Develop/generate sales ideas and materials as needed to achieve results.
- Gather and document competitive intelligence and industry insights for Senior Mgmt and Field
- Document all pertinent interaction and update any changes in the CRM system (SalesForce.com).
- Maintain and update pipeline activity in CRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A college degree or equivalent work experience, plus sales experience, are desired.
- Retirement plan and financial services knowledge and the ability to analyze complex situations.
- Proactive selling skills are
- Life insurance license plus be a licensed Securities Representative (Series 6 or 7 and Series 63) or be willing and eligible to attain licenses within 6 months.
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate effectively to a wide array
of distribution partners.
- Effective listening and troubleshooting skills.
- A high level of professionalism, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, accurate and reliable prioritization and time management, superior technical skills, and
- Given the overall regional goals and priorities established the incumbent must exercise a great deal of personal discretion and judgment in maintaining objectivity among many groups/individuals, to communicate in a diplomatic
manner, to effectively handle changing and/or stressful situations as well as to diffuse conflict and negotiate win-win outcomes.
What we offer
- Our company motto is "Fulfilling Life" and we take that job
seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our
investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We're committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards
package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you'd expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition
reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we're committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary range $56,000 to $168,000
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)