View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
in Hopkins MN
This position is responsible for providing support to external Retirement Sales Consultants by providing prospect related documents for new business opportunities to Retirement Sales Consultants and the wholesale
networks (Wholesalers, Advisors, Brokers, and TPAs) they serve. Also, responsible for assisting Relationship Teams with various client and plan related updates.
Job Function 1: Sales –
- Work in partnership with Retirement Sales Consultants to conduct prospecting calls and meetings in your territory, request/prepare proposals, lineups, investment program model returns, RFPs, and fee benchmarking
- Develop a working knowledge of the CRM and create/maintain pipeline management.
- Partner with external Retirement Sales Consultants to solicit and bring in new financial advisors/TPAs/Wholesaler’s relationships to the
- Complete monthly and quarterly assigned call/email campaigns with our dedicated distribution partners
- Perform client website and Envestnet demos to prospective business partners.
- Help Retirement Sales
Consultants and the Sales Support Supervisor with special client requests, sensitive client issues and departmental projects and communicate applicable status updates on a regular basis.
- Assist in maintaining and building business relationships by
responding professionally and timely to inquiries from network contacts.
- Follow-up with leads, coordinate pre and post sales deliverables with network contacts.
- Attend meetings via conference call or in person meetings regarding potential
or existing clients as needed.
- Create and present presentation materials for/to clients.
- Contact network contacts to uncover needs, provide solutions, advance the sale, and define next steps in relation to promoting and uncovering new
retirement plan sales opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison between the Retirement Sales Consultant and other internal departments throughout the sales process.
- Conduct sales activities, i.e., cold call and email; to potential clients utilizing
marketing materials and advisor-facing prospecting materials to assist in ongoing sales generation alongside the in partnership with external Retirement Sales Consultant.
- Partner with Retirement Sales Consultant to assist with Pipeline Management
ensuring to utilize the CRM.
- Participate in and help to schedule industry events with limited travel (less than 10%).
Job Function 2: Business Processes – 20%
- Maintain current client
relationships to continue being a partner of choice for ongoing sales opportunities.
- Utilize the Alerus internal procedures database to complete Plan, Advisor, and Client, updates/changes.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to
Relationship Team members.
- Assist Retirement Sales Consultant in keeping abreast of changes in the marketplace, and other pertinent industry data.
Job Function 3: Teamwork and Productivity –
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally and respectfully.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work
objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account
- 4 or more years of experience in accounting or business field or applicable experience in retirement industry.
- Excellent written/oral
communication, organization, and customer service skills required.
- High level of commitment to accuracy and detail, strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple, concurrent tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Established communication,
presentation and organizational skills.
- Effective listener, approachable and considerate.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment
with respect to high level business impact and risk.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance,
and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an
- Requires the routine & safe operation of a motor vehicle to travel between multiple locations to perform the essential functions of the job.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
A Verified Employer
Alerus has trusted BenefitsLink to help reach qualified candidates for this opening.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)