View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Employee Benefits Account Manager
U.S. Retirement & Benefits Partners
in New Braunfels TX
U.S. Retirement & Benefits Partners (USRBP) is one of the largest independently owned insurance brokerage firms in the country providing a full range of employee benefits, compliance, and HR consulting services, along with retirement solutions for
both the private and public sectors. The business was formed in 2008 and today serves over three million participants nationally in the K-12, Corporate and Government markets. For more information about USRBP, please visit our website:
Our benefits division, U.S. Employee Benefits Services Group (USEBSG), provides an array of employee benefit solutions that include plan design, core and voluntary products, online enrollment, plan administration, third party
administration, specialty health plans, and HR compliance through our Partner Firms.
USRBP is hiring for an Account Manager for our Partner Firm in New Braunfels, TX.
- The Account
Manager is responsible for delivering high-quality and efficient service to clients through the day-to-day account management of an assigned book of business.
- Resolve client service issues and concerns directly and escalate client
concerns when appropriate.
- Project manage cross-segment and cross-functional initiatives (including Call Center projects, joint-engagements with other Benefits Partner Firms, etc.)
- Collect required information for obtaining benefit plan
pricing from insurance carriers and general agents and collaborate with and supervise assigned third party service providers assigned to the client.
- Educate clients on applicable legislation and market trends and advise clients on employee benefits
- Review and summarize benchmarking content and create relevant materials based on client life cycle/industry trends.
- Coordinate and help manage client compliance activities such as Form 5500 filings, SBC (Summary of Benefits and
Coverage) review, SPD (Summary Plan Description) review, and other Health Care Reform reporting requirements.
- Work directly with clients and carriers on initiatives such as renewal review and negotiation, Requests for Proposal, Open Enrollment
planning, and claims handling.
- Analyze and compare carrier quotes and coverage offerings.
- Examine and analyze potential plan design and benefit cost changes.
- Work with carriers to implement agreed upon coverages for
- Support in the creation of client communication materials (e.g. Benefit Guides, email campaigns, employee surveys).
- Play key role in the delivery of annual enrollment to client employees.
- Perform technical and consultative
review of client materials, ensuring that they are high-quality and aligned with client guiding principles/benefits objectives.
- Manage and process enrollments at the carrier level, delegating to more junior service team members as
- Monitor COBRA offerings and participants, delegating to more junior service team members as appropriate.
- In coordination with Ben Admin Center of Excellence, manage Benefits Administration communications &
- Manage Practice Management (Dynamics 365) activities, new client set-up, policy loads, policy changes, and policy renewals.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff.
- Contribute to key business
outcomes such as client retention, client satisfaction, and enhancing USRBP’s value to our clients.
- Achieve and sustain client satisfaction & retention in assigned accounts by managing client expectations according to the committed
- Create and implement processes and procedure improvements to enable improved client service and operational efficiency in growing and competitive environment.
- Build and solidify relationships with existing clients by
providing exceptional ongoing care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
- At least 2 years client service experience
with employee benefits, including major medical and voluntary and/or worksite benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of team members and
- Strong client service orientation and ability to respond to all communications effectively and timely.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage
several different tasks at once.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Insurance experience managing client and carrier relationships.
- Proficient in Excel and Office 365.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Analytical skills for analyzing, synthesizing, and suggesting best practice recommendations from client
- In-depth understanding of major medical, voluntary plans, and benefit industry’s consumer behavior and trends.
- A good sense of humor and positive attitude.
Salary: Starting at
$40,000.00 per year
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with subject line: "Account Manager - Texas".
Thank you very much.
A Verified Employer
U.S. Retirement & Benefits Partners has trusted BenefitsLink to help reach qualified candidates for this opening.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)