“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Consultant II, Retirement Solutions Compliance
in Remote / Pascoag RI
This position, in partnership with senior leaders within CUNA Mutual Retirement Solutions (CMRS), Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance, coordinates the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of Compliance
programs, processes and initiatives as they relate to retirement products, business processes and marketing materials.
This position will provide advice with regard to retirement compliance strategy, management and operations. They analyze, identify,
research, and resolve problems, and consult on projects, products, and programs. They recommend compliance solutions utilizing knowledge technical regulatory expertise and in accordance with compliance theory and practice.
- Collaborate with CMRS executive management to develop compliance strategies and maintain compliant products, policies, and operational procedures.
- Address technical ERISA/IRC compliance issues and retirement
plan industry trends impacting CMRS businesses.
- Consult on and influence the development and implementation of compliance solutions related to new product releases, product re-writes, entry into new markets or utilization of new distribution
- Provide daily compliance guidance for internal CMRS departments such as retirement administration, recordkeeping, pension risk transfer, executive benefits, and operational compliance.
- Design and lead compliance projects
addressing new legislation/guidance and current business risk mitigation.
- Partner with legal and compliance peers (e.g. contract, litigation, risk, governance, assurance, and privacy) to resolve all compliance concerns impacting
- Support established Corporate Legal and Compliance strategies.
- Work with business leaders across CUNA Mutual Group to solve complex business problems as they relate to retirement compliance.
- Lead efforts to effectively
respond to regulatory agency complaints, difficult objections and/or preparation of testimony by crafting persuasive arguments that will aid in gaining favorable regulatory approval or ruling for CMRS insurance products.
- Develop and implement
training/education programs to encourage understanding and application of ethical and compliant corporate and business specific standards.
- Speak at conferences, webinars or panels on retirement compliance.
- Lead and direct compliance
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance or related
field or an equivalent trade-off.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in the retirement industry.
- Specific experience in retirement plan compliance or in a retirement industry job requiring retirement plan technical expertise
with an emphasis on defined contribution and defined benefit plans is strongly preferred.
- Retirement industry professional designations preferred (i.e. QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA, CRPS, CEBS).
- Strong analytical and project management
- Ability to perform technical research and analysis of retirement laws and regulations and apply them to company operations, products and marketing.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely and tactfully with a variety of
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and positively lead groups through change.
- Ability to apply sound reasoning and judgment to resolve complex and significant compliance and business issues.
- Ability to balance several
significant work streams at one time.
How to Apply
A Verified Employer
TruStage has trusted BenefitsLink to help reach qualified candidates for this opening.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)