“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Team Leader - Compliance & Relationship Management
Compass Retirement Consulting Group, Inc.
Compass is a third-party administration firm that provides employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. We create and nurture a partnership with our clients to
understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human resources goals.
The Team Leader will be expected to lead the workflow of a diverse team of Compliance
Consultants, Analysts, and Relationship Managers to ensure retirement plans within their team are completed, while concerns adhere to all appropriate ERISA, IRS, and DOL compliance procedures, laws, and regulations. Manage and assist in developing standard
operating procedures for the same. Oversee team members and workflow.
- Lead team members by reviewing and assigning tasks to ensure assigned plans are completed timely and within DOL, ERISA, and IRS
- Mentor Team Members and helping them meet team goals
- Consistently follow and instruct team members to follow the same Standard Operating Procedures defined as the Compass Way throughout the Team and within the Team
- Remain current on all relevant retirement plan regulations, including ERISA, IRS, DOL, SEC, and Secure 2.0 guidelines, and ensure Compass is consistently in compliance with clients’ plans.
- Assist in maintaining
internal policies and procedures that align with current retirement plan regulations and best practices for complex and unordinary plans.
- Collaborate with senior management and sales force to formulate long-term strategies that enhance
retirement plan compliance and align with the organization’s goals.
- Lead a team of Compliance Consultant(s), Analyst(s), and Relationship Managers to make sure deadlines are met and the compliance work is reviewed and
- Collaborate with the COO, Director of Compliance, and Director of Relationship Management to ensure changes to best practices and other initiatives are being met.
- Assist in the completion and filing of Form
5500’s, 5330’s, and 8955’s.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
- Track plan projects in Pension Pro and ensure notes are added and updated when needed.
- Calculate employer contributions and
true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Maintain a reduced caseload of high-profile clients.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Assist with planning, production, and delivery of plan reviews and fiduciary
- Ensure team is charging for additional work when warranted.
- Help the Compliance Team with testing and 5500 completion.
- Track current turnaround time for compliance testing and corrections.
- Other tasks as
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with at least 8 years of progressive related experience in retirement plan compliance.
- Experience managing and
training staff effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills using clear and grammatically correct language.
- The ability to problem solve, be proactive and demonstrate initiative.
- Robust time management and
organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and record-keeping platforms.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience using Datair, Pension Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms is required.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)