View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr. Retirement Plan Compliance Analyst
FuturePlan, by Ascensus
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus!
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from
local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing
client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
Section 1: Position
Compliance position that has an advanced understanding of all plan types and facilitates more complex interactions with the Plan Consultants.
*We have several openings for this
*This position is 100% remote*
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to successfully complete and support the work outlined for the
Compliance Associate roles
- Reads and comprehends retirement plan provisions from plan documents, summaries of plan provisions, and related plan materials to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Understands, considers and applies
legislation and regulations, including but not limited to IRS, DOL, and ERISA, when preparing, analyzing and interpreting information
- Supports DOL, IRS, and Large plan audits
- Supports the Plan Consultants in resolving operational and
compliance issues related to qualified plans
- Is responsible for plan administration, compliance and testing for identified blocks of business
- Tracks and monitors job progress to ensure that all necessary data is requested and received in
order to meet compliance deadlines
- Prepares annual valuation and compliance reports for Clients
- Provides detailed consultations with Plan Consultant in drafting plan documents, plan amendments, and other legal documents
- Supports and
completes assigned quality assurance reviews
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of
information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day-to-day basis showing your
support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of hands on Retirement plan testing experience is a must; 8+ years is preferred
- Experience doing Employer Calculations
- Must have experience with 5500’s and
other relevant documents
- Experience with cash basis and/or trust accounting
- 5 years of prior ERISA experience in the retirement industry preferred
- 5 years of experience in analysis of financial data required/ testing experience a
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in
connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance matters
- Associate holds Retirement Plan Fundamentals certification upon meeting eligibility requirements
- QKA designation preferred but not required
or work towards associates QPA designation preferred
- Prior experience with plan administration software, i.e., Relius, FT Williams, ASC, or Datair
The national average salary is $85,000 - $100,000, exclusive of any bonuses and
benefits. This salary range represents the low and high end for this position. Actual salary offered will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, performance, and internal pay
alignment. We do not anticipate that candidates hired will begin at the top of the range however, from time to time, it may occur on a case-by-case basis. Other rewards and benefits may include: 401(k) match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid-Time-Off, etc.
For more information, please visit careers.ascensus.com/#Benefits.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)