“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Actuary for Defined Benefit/Cash Balance Plans
The Retirement Plan Company (TRPC)
TRPC is a service-driven company with the focus on serving clients, solving problems, and innovating for quality and efficiency. We are seeking an experienced Actuary specialized in Defined Benefit Plans to join our team. As an Actuary, you will
play a critical role in providing expert analysis and consulting services to our clients, ensuring the successful management and administration of their defined benefit pension plans. Your primary responsibility will be to offer strategic guidance, conduct
complex calculations, and communicate findings to clients, enabling them to make informed decisions regarding their pension plans.
- Collaborate closely with clients to understand their defined
benefit plan needs, objectives, and constraints.
- Review actuarial valuations, calculations, and projections to determine funding requirements, liabilities, and contribution strategies.
- Analyze plan data and assumptions, utilizing actuarial
software and tools to assess plan performance and funding adequacy.
- Develop and present comprehensive reports and recommendations to clients, explaining technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist clients in compliance with
regulatory requirements and accounting standards, providing insights into potential financial impacts.
- Offer guidance on plan design modifications, risk management strategies, and funding policy adjustments.
- Collaborate with
cross-functional teams including investment advisors, legal experts, and plan administrators to ensure holistic and well-informed client solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices to continuously enhance the
quality of client consultation.
- Assess current internal procedures and client-facing reporting to make recommendations for enhancements and efficiencies.
Preferred Industry Skills:
degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. Advanced degree or actuarial credentials (ASA/FSA) preferred. EA designation required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as an Actuary with a
focus on defined benefit pension plans.
- Strong knowledge of actuarial principles, plan funding methodologies, and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle complex
calculations and data analysis.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Proven track record of successful client consultation and relationship
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently while also being a collaborative team player.
- Competitive compensation package
development opportunities and support for continued education
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment
How to Apply
For an opportunity to join our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to Kerrie Chambliss at email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)