View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Health & Welfare Benefits Analyst
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
in New York NY / Hybrid
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver
the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships
we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Skadden is looking for a Health & Welfare Benefits Analyst. This position supports the Benefits team by participating in all aspects of the U.S. health and welfare benefit plans and programs including collecting and maintaining financial data and
preparing and reviewing data analytics to assist in the management of the programs. This position will be based in our New York City office and will have a hybrid remote/in-office schedule. Responsibilities include:
- Support the financial
planning and development of various U.S. and international benefit plans including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, and disability.
- Understand and participate in the financial aspects of the benefit programs including the
development of rate setting, forecasting, and the impact to the P&L and balance sheet.
- Updates budget spreadsheets and maintains all related financial accounting and reconciliation data including collecting data from both internal and external
resources, maintaining census information, premium and claim spreadsheets and other related reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly claims tracking reports for self-insured plans and performs data analysis of paid claims, and fixed costs associated
with the plans.
- Develops self-insured medical plan trend reports utilizing databases provided by the insurance carriers.
- Analyzes trends and assists in the development of recommendations of plan design and contributions by identifying
savings opportunities to control costs.
- Support day-to-day project management by coordinating the scheduling of meetings with carriers and brokers and maintaining records and notes, tracking take-aways items from meetings and
- responsible to
follow-up with stakeholders for associated items.
- Assist with the review of materials provided.
- Work with brokers, consultants, and vendors and support the management of third-party vendor relationships to ensure efficient and effective
management and administration of all benefit plans.
- Assist with the annual renewal processes for all U.S. and international health and welfare benefit plans and programs including but not limited to: guiding the renewal timelines,
- proposals and negotiating pricing and applicable contract terms, and developing associated budget and financial analysis spreadsheets and presentations.
- Assist in reviewing benchmark data to identify industry and competitor
trends. Supports research of best practices using market surveys, networking, and other sources of industry information, to recommend competitive and cost effective benefit packages.
- Anticipates and meets partner and employee needs in a timely and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to work well independently, take initiative and work well with limited
- Strong written communication skills including strong grammar and proofreading ability
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear, concise manner
- Must be highly organized with ability to work
well under pressure and manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable
- Strong computer skills; high proficiency in MS Word and expert level MS Excel skill set, HR systems, Database systems
- Strong skills
in data mining, manipulation, and analysis
- Knowledge of U.S. laws and regulations impacting employee benefits
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting functions, as they relate to the interaction with benefits
- Proficient in mathematical
and accounting principles, general ledger, budgeting and budget variance analysis
- Ability to keep matters confidential
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Is a team player; deals courteously/effectively with
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of four years of related experience
- Self-insured health plan experience
- Workday experience preferred
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $90,000 - $105,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to
the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have
created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only
make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and
on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)