“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Counsel - Retirement, Executive Benefits, and Pension Risk Transfer
This position is for an attorney who will be responsible for providing legal expertise to all levels of management/staff who are conducting company business for TruStage and its Affiliates (“TruStage”),
with particular emphasis on supporting TruStage retirement (defined contribution and defined benefit), executive benefits, and pension risk transfer (“PRT”) businesses. Senior Counsel will have solid expertise and leadership skills and
will have primary responsibility and accountability for their assigned area. This individual will also work collaboratively with attorneys holding this role in other areas of responsibility and effectively build partnerships with business
- Demonstrate TruStage corporate values.
- Represent the interests of TruStage with regulatory and legislative bodies in the various applicable industries. Activities related to all
areas include examinations, filings, product design and approval, licensing, and providing support to influence proposed regulations.
- Provide legal options and opinions to facilitate reaching corporate objectives.
- Inform and advise business
regarding legal issues.
- Ensure efficient and effective provision of legal services.
- Engage with client on business issues as well as legal issues; partner with clients on business initiatives.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of
financials and dynamics of supported business unit(s).
- Translate legal advice into terms that are business focused.
- Collaborate with TruStage executive management to develop compliance strategies and maintain compliant products, policies,
and operational procedures.
- Consult on and influence the development and implementation of legal/compliance solutions related to new product releases, product re-writes, entry into new markets or utilization of new distribution
- Address retirement, executive benefits, and PRT industry trends impacting our businesses in collaboration with the retirement, executive benefits, and PRT business partners.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer of TruStage’s
broker/dealer and registered investment advisor with SEC/FINRA compliance issues related to retirement, executive benefits, and PRT business.
- Provide daily legal/compliance guidance for retirement, executive benefits, and PRT administration,
recordkeeping, and operational functions.
- Design and lead legal/compliance projects addressing new legislation/guidance and current business risk mitigation.
- Partner with legal/compliance peers (e.g. product, contract, litigation, risk,
governance, assurance, and privacy) to resolve all legal concerns impacting retirement, executive benefits, and PRT businesses.
- Support established Corporate Legal and Compliance strategies.
- Juris Doctor degree and continuing legal education within areas of specialty and responsibility.
- Authorized to practice law in the State of Wisconsin or applicable jurisdiction.
- Generally, five to eight
years of legal experience with overall expert status in retirement, executive benefits, and PRT areas of law.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the processes and procedures necessary to effectively represent TruStage in the judicial system,
before governmental and regulatory agencies and in legislative bodies.
- Basic knowledge and experience in TruStage operations and corporate affairs, including objectives, strategies, products and programs.
- Strong negotiation, analysis,
reasoning, creativity, and judgment skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present oneself and interact with others in a manner that
inspires trust and invites consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act quickly and perform under significant pressure and deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work
harmoniously and professionally with others.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)