Nova 401(k) Associates
Strongpoint Partners/Jocelyn Pension Consulting
MAP Retirement USA LLC
July Business Services
MAP Retirement USA, LLC
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
in Washington DC
ABOUT THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA RETIREMENT BOARD
The District of Columbia Retirement Board (DCRB) is an independent agency of the District of Columbia Government. Our mission is to manage and control the assets of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Fund and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Fund as well as to administer benefits for the members of the of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Plan and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Plan.
The Member Services Representative acts as the primary DCRB point of contact for members, providers, and other key stakeholders. This position interacts with members via phone, email, written correspondence, in person, and virtually to provide information, requirements and troubleshoot complex issues in response to inquiries about coverage, benefits, and services. This position also handles and resolves member complaints. The representative will respond to inquiries from both active and retired members, survivors, beneficiaries, and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
1. Interpret Summary Plan provisions and department policies to respond to telephone, fax, and electronic inquiries from active and retired members, survivors, beneficiaries, and others.
2. Research required information using available resources and triage when necessary.
3. Responsible for navigating multiple systems applications such as Excel logs, STAR (the System to Administer Retirement, an automated pension/payroll system), Access databases, FileNet, and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) system in order to resolve customer issues.
4. Complete transactions as required using internet applications or manual procedures as required, including tax updates, health care changes, direct deposit changes, change of addresses, contact updates, Power of Attorney updates, notification of deaths, and other member changes related to their annuity.
5. Properly distribute DCRB forms and ensure the forms are available to members via fax or email. Provides instructions to members on how to access forms by using the DCRB website.
6. Capture and document member feedback; receives, resolves, and routes and follows up on day-to-day transactions and member requests as defined by Department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
7. Draft original member correspondence related to the specific issue of the member.
8. Perform lobby service intake functions by scheduling appointments with members, meeting face-to-face or virtually, and assisting members in completion of forms, submission of documents, or any other matter related to the annuity or retirement processing within the responsibility of the Member Services Unit.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
JOB EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE)
This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DCRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply, please email the below listed application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE: The DC2000 is available as a fillable file document on the “Working at DCRB” page on DCRB’s website: Working at DCRB_DC2000 Employment Application.
All educational and experience requirements used to determine eligibility for this position must be officially verified at the time of appointment. No offer of employment will be deemed fulfilled without such verification(s).