“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Client Relationship Manager - Retirement Services
HANYS Benefit Services
in Rensselaer NY / Hybrid
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Client Relationship Manager within HANYS Benefit Services (HBS) Retirement Services division. HBS is an industry leader in employee benefits and retirement plan consulting. HBS delivers
tangible business results to finance and human resource leaders, enabling them to enhance plan offerings while remaining competitive and reducing overall plan costs. Reporting to Director, Retirement Plan Services this position will be responsible for
managing all aspects of the client relationship.
This position will be based in our office in Rensselaer, NY with a hybrid work environment in upstate NY considered.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited
- Maintain a strong and trusting relationship with clients to ensure we are providing superior customer service.
- Ensure client satisfaction through periodic client
meetings and discussions covering service levels, plan utilization, product offerings and plan design.
- Manages request for proposal (RFP) and request for information (RFI) processes for existing clients.
- Coordinates all transition activities with client, selected vendor, and other staff to assure a smooth and efficient transition for newly acquired clients.
- In coordination with client, develops
annual communication and education plan to achieve overall retirement plan goals of participation and retirement readiness.
- Ensures client has necessary, efficient and effective administrative procedures.
- Updates clients about legal and regulatory changes relating to retirement programs and coordinates all activity related to incorporating these changes into the client’s program.
and/or in partnership with Consulting Executive, works directly with client’s attorney and our legal resources to gather necessary information to fully understand and communicate the client’s compliance requirements.
- Educates senior management on plan design, operation, and overall plan effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.
- Prepares and conducts formal periodic plan review meetings with appropriate
committee or other personnel as determined by the client to ensure appropriate compliance, oversight and governance requirements are met.
- Resolves administrative problems arising between and among participants and /or
- Assists in individual employee enrollment activity, when necessary.
- Assists in sales presentations with Sales & Marketing team, as necessary.
- Attends various outside training activities to assure knowledge of the retirement plan industry trends and regulatory changes are current.
- Reviews and is familiar with HCSC's Compliance
Manual and complies with all required procedures.
- Maintains licenses in a current and proper status through Continuing Education training courses, seminars, and conferences, as scheduled, to meet FINRA, SEC, and NYS
Insurance Department requirements.
- Engages client in discussions on their business needs and related activity in order to determine if other HANYS Benefit Services products and services may be appropriate and then makes
proper referrals to HBS Sales staff.
- Associate’s degree with 3 -5 five years of related experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred). Seven years of related product or client experience
may substitute for education requirement. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
- High standards of professionalism
- New York State Life, Accident and Health license and FINRA 6, 63 & 65 required or obtained within a reasonable amount of time post hire.
- Must have the ability and confidence to present,
work, and build relationships with senior level staff and be able to provide consultative value to client from a global and strategic perspective.
- Must have working knowledge of and remain current in regulations
governing various types of retirement plans, including 403(b), 401(k), and nonqualified plans.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be a
self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic, and has exceptional human relations and long-term relationship building skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable presenting to Boards of
Directors and C-suite individuals.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, project management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize duties and act independently.
- Travel within assigned territory to meet clients, typically several times per month.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and
an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)