View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Customer Management Specialist
in Remote / OR
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven
by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s
Hourly Pay Range:
20.72 - 30.77
- Support business growth and retention through serving as single point of contact for assigned agency contacts and
act as subject matter expert while performing system work required for in force policy changes and policy administration.
- Proactively manage increase option cases through the financial underwriting and placement process.
- Manage entire
process for all in force changes requiring a full underwriter review.
- Accountable for creating a positive customer experience while managing cycle time to meet and exceed established service levels.
- Proactively reviews agency performance
and advocates for improved agency practices, trains agency staff on regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Responsible for implementing home office changes with assigned agencies.
Principal Duties &
- Primary home office contact for external and internal customers in relation to all in force policy administration.
- Prioritize own desk to consistently produce accurate quotes which meet and exceed
- Learn and apply income documentation review principles to identify underwriting requirements, facilitate quoting and efficient policy change processing.
- Learn and apply state compliance rules, product information, system
process knowledge and policy administration guidelines in order to act as subject matter expert on DI products.
- Perform complex policy changes, create compliant policies and policy endorsements within established service levels.
- Exercise independent judgment within scope of duties to ensure appropriate risk management and resolve special requests and exceptions.
- Effectively manage assigned
account relationships in order to meet customer service objectives and cycle time goals.
- Analyze agency case management practices and results to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate regular calls with agency team,
collaborating with other team members in underwriting, sales or policy administration, to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide training and consulting on business processes and systems.
- Collaborate with internal
business units and sales team through proactive communication and problem solving to deliver positive customer experience.
- Train agency staff on service changes or improvements initiated by the home office or external
- Provide back up support to the 800 line as needed. Maintain file documentation to support a legally defensible file.
- Participate in department process or service improvement projects as a subject matter
- Contribute ideas to improve own department or partner department process or service standards.
- Train peer organizations in process and best practices
- Post-high school coursework completed or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform basic algebra, read, write and communicate at college level and type 35 – 40 wpm
- At least 3 or more years demonstrated client service/relationship management experience in the insurance field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or
relevant experience with DI products and/or ID3 policy administration system.
- MS Office suite plus workflow tool experience.
- Strong customer service skills including negotiation, training, problem solving and
- Practical experience in a continuous improvement environment or significant initiative is preferred.
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the pay
rate for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard’s package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
- Please note, eligibility to participate in
an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company
of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work
environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is
prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)