View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Compliance Consultant IV, Benefits Advocacy & Communications
in Remote / Pasadena CA / Santa Ana CA / Oakland CA
When you join Kaiser Permanente, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to total health. At every level and in every department, it’s what we stand for. By using your innovation and your creativity, you can play a role in the health of
communities across town and around the country by serving 12.5 million of our members. No matter your background, your ideas can help drive a health care pioneer. You can play a role in the future of health.
Compliance Consultant IV, Benefits
Advocacy & Communications
Pasadena, Santa Ana, or Oakland, California – Job #1089820
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is also
responsible for supporting end-to-end compliance activities in accordance with KP Administrative Committee (KPAC), HIPAA, SOX, and plan administration budget and spend. This includes supporting the maintenance of legal compliance of all employee welfare
and retirement plans as well as compliance with all benefit plan reporting, testing, documentation, and disclosure required for governmental agencies. This position is also responsible for maintaining plan documentation, identifying and remediating
compliance issues, providing required notices and government filings, providing support to audits and third party inquiries, and providing guidance on escalated benefit eligibility/enrollment matters.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders;
influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to
capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject
area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective
business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Conducts company compliance activities by collaborating with internal and external
stakeholders; applying established regulations and standards to compliance efforts; providing insight and recommendations for the design, development, and execution of strategic compliance initiatives; and documenting compliance
- Develops compliance reports by evaluating and summarizing compliance data, audit information, and potential risks and remedies; reporting to management on key compliance drivers, liabilities, and performance indicators (for example,
adherence to standards, incorporation of new regulations); and developing draft presentations to convey key findings.
- Conducts compliance investigations by collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; conducting interviews as
appropriate; researching key business issues; identifying potential action steps; and providing input for the creation of corrective action plans for substantiated allegations.
- Assists with and supports the management of projects or compliance
components of larger cross-functional projects by coordinating stakeholder contacts; recommending team resources based on project needs and team member strengths; assisting in the development, analysis, and management of project plans; and coordinating
project schedules and resource forecasts.
- Assists with ensuring regulatory compliance by monitoring regulatory changes; conducting analysis on regulatory impacts; and supporting the implementation of designated changes.
- Coordinates the
implementation of compliance efforts by identifying compliance requirements; assessing the current state of compliance to identify gaps and corrective actions; creating or revising moderately complex compliance standards, policies and procedures, and
training; and monitoring ongoing compliance adherence.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in employee benefits administration, including benefit plan governance and
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Clinical, Law, Public Health, Business or related field and Minimum six (6) years’ experience in health care compliance, health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), audit,
finance, regulatory or public policy development, investigations, information security, or insurance/health plan governance or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree
- Four (4) years’ experience working with Defined Contribution and/or Defined Benefit Plan.
- Five (5) years’ experience in health plan
- Five (5) years’ experience in health plan operations.
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Four (4) years’ experience working cross-functionally across departments, functions, or business
- JD degree.
- Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Clinical, Law, Public Health, Business or related field.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS).
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1089820.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser
Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what
people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)